Zyppah rx reviews

Discussion in 'Sleep Apnea & CPAP Users Forum' started by Alisa, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Alisa

Alisa New Member

I was thinking of suggesting the Zyppah to my husband who snores a bit at night.

He wanted me to check if any users have found it helpful with their snoring and if there were any serious issues with it or with the company.

Any thoughts?

2. goo

goo New Member

Zyppah? o_O

3. extraterrestrial

extraterrestrial New Member

Get a good doctor's opinion to first rule out any sleep apnea.

Zyppah is a good snore stopper and not necessarily for sleep apnea.

Good Luck, Alisa.

4. huzzah

huzzah New Member

Your dentist can get a custom device made for you.

5. Mistal

Mistal New Member

I had the sleep study done with the help of my dentist who recommended the CPAP machine. He says CPAP is the standard treatment option for sleep apnea and generally can reverse this condition. He would not have me try any other option unless I was clearly not able to use the CPAP effectively.

If my dentist were ever to get me a mouthpiece, he says it is going to take some careful customizing and adjustment to work well for me.

6. Kris

Kris New Member

Zyppah has worked for me. Your mileage may vary.
    I am now comfortable going to sleep with it and I snore a lot less, almost not at all, now.

7. Zerg

Zerg New Member

My wife is happy that I've stopped snoring ever since I got myself a Zyppah. But I could never get used to going to bed with a "device" inside my mouth.

8. Kris

Kris New Member

My dentist thinks all I need to do is go back for a fresh sleep study with the mouthpiece. Depending on the results of the study I could very well start using the mouthpiece.

Beware everyone out there, though: IF your O2 level drops, an oral devices does not provide you with immediate O2 support. And immediate is when you are going to need it.

9. Medic

Medic New Member

You snore when your tongue drops to the back of the mouth towards the throat in your sleep. When you breathe in your sleep, especially lying on your back, the air passing over tissues inside the throat to vibrate creating a sound.

Mouthpieces
    Some snore preventers (mouth guard or snore guard) help you by slightly pushing forward your lower jaw and holding it in position. Another kind of appliance called a tongue retainer gives a similar effect by keeping your tongue dropping into the throat. Zyppah is a hybrid device that combines the two functions into one device.

Just like any other mouth guard, the Zyppah is adjusted to your needs by the boil-and-bite method - just boil it in water and bite on it when sufficiently cooled to get the right fit. But it is the generic or DIY kind that you buy yourself without a prescription from your doctor.

Mouthpieces are sometimes known to cause soreness in the jaw or tongue, increase secretion of saliva in the mouth, dry mouth and other short term side effects.

Zyppah has already been tried and used for the past many years. It may be a bit more expensive than similar other devices. Probably justified considering that it actually combines two types of product into a single solution for snoring.

It may not be useful for those suffering from or suspected to be suffering from sleep apnea.

HTH.