walmart spa sensations memory foam mattress review

Discussion in 'Mattress User Reviews, Ratings & Discussions' started by Sar@.n, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Sar@.n

Sar@.n New Member

I have been looking for a new mattress for the last couple of weeks, and so far, I have not been able to get a lot of research done. Now I know that most of the people on this forum usually do research for weeks, so I would like to make it clear that I consider myself a newbie as far as mattresses are concerned. From the research I have done so far, memory foam mattresses seem the kind of mattress that would suit me best. Regardless of the numerous negative reviews, I have read about memory foam mattresses, and I feel it would suit my body well for some reason. There are people out there who have compared the feel of memory foam to that of sleeping on a carpeted floor, but I do not completely agree with these reviews since my body seems to agree with it. Usually, I tend to look for negative reviews of a product I would like to buy because I am focused on the negatives of a product more than the positives. This may be because I am curious about what can go wrong with a particular product. So as any of you can imagine, I tried a new mattress called Spa Sensations and read a lot of reviews on it, which has helped in making a strong case as to why I should buy a memory foam mattress. I would also like to let people out there know that so far, all of my mattress research has been focused around memory foam, so if anybody has any better suggestions, feel free to let me know.

2. Conure1990

Conure1990 New Member

Hi @Sar@.n, welcome to the forum.

It seems you have done quite a bit of research (even if you don’t agree ;)). When it comes foam mattress, there are many mattresses out there on the market, have you set your eyes on any particular one?

3. Sar@.n

Sar@.n New Member

Thanks, @Conure1990.

Well as I said before, I have landed my eyes on a Spa Sensations. Spa Sensations is a very reasonably priced mattress that is sold at Walmart. When I tested it out at a store a few days ago, I found it to be a little firm. Now I do not negatively mean this! I prefer a firm mattress since the plush softness can be achieved through mattress toppers. I feel that firm mattresses provide a little more support for your body, instead of just being soft and squishy. Speaking from past experiences, very soft mattresses tend to make my body ache. These are the reasons why I have decided to go with the Spa Sensations mattress.

I’ve read many reviews on this website; however, I did not find many posts about this particular mattress. I decided to make a post myself, so I can make the final decision as to whether or not I should buy this mattress. So please do not shy away from letting me know your opinion. All posts are welcomed and appreciated.

4. Joe khalil

Joe khalil New Member

After reading your post, I am assuming that you have tested out enough memory foam mattresses to conclude that they are the right fit for you. So, even though there are better options on the market, such as latex mattresses, they may not suit you personally. In my opinion, the best way to decide which kind of mattress best suits you is to test them out at stores because no matter how much theoretical research you do, each person has differing sleep preferences. Field testing will trump research when it comes to making a final decision about which mattress to buy.

Now that you have made up your mind about buying a memory foam mattress, one thing I would strongly recommend is that you avoid buying a mattress from Walmart. Even though they may provide customer satisfaction for other products, they do have a pretty bad track record when it comes to mattresses. I have several friends who have told me about the inferior quality of the mattresses sold at Walmart. If you were to buy a memory foam mattress, I would recommend the 10-inch Sleep Science from Costco, as it seems to have received favorable reviews from its users. You may want to make a final decision based on your budget, the return policies of both stores and other factors like that.

Let me know which mattress you end up buying. Cheers!

5. Sar@.n

Sar@.n New Member

Thank you @Joe khalil for your valuable advice. I have tried out several memory foam mattresses, and have concluded that memory foam is the right fit for me. As far as the mattresses are concerned, I am not sure what gave you the impression that Walmart puts out products of inferior quality. I have heard from a lot of people that this is a very comfortable mattress, especially if you use a mattress topper. Also, the main reason why I chose to buy a mattress from Walmart was that I had a coupon which would help me save a couple of hundred dollars. Nevertheless, I will consider your opinion, because I would rather buy a decent mattress from a good store than buy an average mattress, just to save a little money. This may end up costing me a lot more money in the future!

Also, I will check the mattress from Costco you were talking about. I hope it will be better than the Spa Sensations.

6. sleepmaniac

sleepmaniac New Member

I make sure to do my fair share of research whenever I decide to invest more than a couple hundred dollars on something. After reading a lot of the information about mattresses on the internet, I may be able to provide you with the information you will need to decide between Costco and Walmart.

NOTE: This review pertains mainly to people like me who prefer to buy mattresses in the $500 range, instead of the $1000+ range.

Walmart: The Walmart mattress I will be talking about in this review is the Spa Sensations mattress, which has gotten a lot of praise from the customers using them. The Spa Sensations has constantly remained top of the competition for mattresses in its price range. One of the main pros of this mattress is the fact that it seems to satisfy both heavier and lighter customers alike (although heavier individuals may want to opt for the 12” model for optimum comfort and support). They seem to have significant durability, despite the mediocre memory foam used to manufacture it. It seems to hold up pretty well as there have been many reviews online indicating that they last well over 5-6 years. There have been a few people complaining about how their mattresses started sagging within the first couple of years, but this is not a very common occurrence since a majority of the customers seems to believe the contrary.

This review, however, only fits the 12” Spa Sensations. The 8” model has been said to be a lot softer, which is one of the main reasons why it tends to suffer from more wear and tear.

Some of the main cons about the Spa Sensations include the fact that it could be too firm for some people, and that they come with uncertain return policies and warranties. You can tackle the first issue by going to a store and testing the mattress out yourself to get a feel. As far as return policies and warranties are concerned, you will have to read up on the return policies of specific stores to get an idea. In the case of warranties, however, you may want to contact the manufacturer as I have read posts mentioning the warranty to be either five years or 10 years.

Coming to Costco, the mattress I will talk about it NovaForm. These mattresses have kept customers happy for years now, and are sold primarily in Costco. I must say that most of the products they put out are of outstanding quality (or at least feels like it) and rarely fails to keep its customers happy. My dad got me a pillow from there a long time ago, and it seems to have withstood the test of time. I love it!

If you were to compare NovaForm mattresses to its competitors on the market, I would have to say that they are similar to Sleep Innovations regarding comfort and support. I am not a big fan of overly soft mattresses. A comfortable mattress is one thing; a mattress that you sink entirely into and end up having to climb out of is simply annoying. Weighing upwards of 180 pounds, I look for mattresses that provide decent comfort while keeping my body supported properly. Now if you plan for those squishy, plush mattresses, you are in luck, since a lot of the mattress companies seem to be manufacturing them. If I were to guess why these mattresses are so soft, I would have to say that it is because of the cheaper, less thick foam they use to compensate for the price adjustments they have to make.

People who prefer softer mattresses may want to check out the Sleep Science mattress at Costco, as it only costs around $500 and is well worth the money (at least according to the hundreds of positive reviews it has garnered online).

One of the biggest pros of getting this mattress is Costco’s return policy. At the time of purchasing the mattress, they will let you know that you can return the mattress at any time from the date of purchase to eternity! Although this may seem like a bit of a stretch, Costco does seem to hold up their end of the deal. Many people have talked about getting their mattresses replaced even after 10-15 years of use. For a mattress that costs you less than $600, this seems like an amazing deal!

So this post should give you guys a pretty basic idea about the mattresses sold in these two stores. If you are not too fond of Walmart or the products they have to offer; I am afraid you will have to stick to Costco unless you decide to invest a little more money for a better mattress.

I hope this information helps you out. Let me know if you need any more information. Cheers!

7. shelly15

shelly15 New Member

I must mention the fact that I have just started looking for a new mattress, and admit that I have not done an awful lot of research. I still have a lot of research to do before actually buying a mattress, but I must say that the post with the comparison given above is one of the most complete and helpful comparisons between Costco and Walmart. I would like to thank @sleepmaniac as this has made my decision-making process a lot easier. I think that reading this post has helped me cut down my research time in half, just because of how comprehensive it is!

From all the research I have done so far, I must say that I am favoring the mattress from Walmart a little more, just because I have read a lot more reviews about it, and people seem to have many good things to say about it. Anyway, thanks again!

8. loulou

loulou New Member

I would also like to point out the fact that the comprehensive comparison posted by @post #6 is perfect for any person who wants to buy a mattress with memory foam, but is confused when it comes to choosing one. I used this review to figure out which mattress is the best fit for me. I just purchased the Costco Sleep Science 10” memory foam mattress a week ago, and I must say that it is perfect for me! Even though it is a little softer than I had expected, I have no complaints. I know people usually look for ways to make their mattresses softer by using toppers, but my mattress requires a little firming up. This is an issue that can be solved by using a mattress cover, which apparently will help me make the mattress a little firmer.

I must say that I had one of the most comfortable naps of my life on this mattress. It does not dig into your back, or give your body aches in the morning. Those are the only two things I care about. Overall, this mattress is worth the money you pay, and I am sure that anybody who buys it will be very satisfied; at least I was!