Verus Healthcare

Discussion in 'Sleep Apnea & CPAP Users Forum' started by phillymon, Apr 2, 2017.

1. phillymon

phillymon New Member

Someone from Verus Healthcare called me to say they have entered into a partnership with my DME and from now on they would be handling my supplies.

I would like to know what their service is like. If anyone in this forum is familiar with Verus Healthcare and has dealt with them for supplies, could you please share your experience?

Thanks.

2. rodney

rodney New Member

3. cedric

cedric New Member

Have suitable alternatives on hand, just so you would not be caught off guard if you are not happy with them. Hedge your bets.

4. heirloom

heirloom New Member

I found them top notch to deal with. I would say go ahead, you won't regret.

5. H3

H3 New Member

Both of us have been Verus's customers. They are in the DMEPOS Competitive Bidding Program and accept the Medicare approved amount as payment in full for all claims for the category. They supply to customs over a wide area. Verus also deals with our secondary insurance.

They do it all via phone (they use recorded messages on phone lines) or email. Any follow up with our doctor if needed is also prompt. We only needed to send them our sleep study, the script and physician's notes. They took care of everything else from there.

Only snag was they insisted the doctor sign on script, not just "e-sign" it. They took it up with our doctor and got a fresh script faxed to them, all by themselves. Verus delivered overnight a PR System One REMstar AUTO 560 APAP machine package with heated humidifier, tap-pap and modem for my wife.

Now I also buy my supplies them Verus. Other than that they do not send their man to your place to set up equipment and explain things, they are a nice people. Responsive, helpful and courteous. Beyond that I cannot tell you anything about their customer service or support because we didn't need any. Should be good, from what we have seen of them.

I found that your doctor needs to have an approved enrollment record in the Provider Enrollment Chain and Ownership System (PECOS), else your DME does not get paid by Medicare for your home health services.

6. phillymon

phillymon New Member

That was very useful information, thank you @H3.

Btw, I live a couple thousand miles from them. Can you deal with them entirely online and skip phone calls altogether?

7. H3

H3 New Member

They aren't anywhere close to where we live either. But that has never been an issue with them.

Actually, I haven't ordered anything online with Verus. A couple weeks before my scheduled supply date, I get a recorded call from them asking what I wanted to order. Their system checks things that I am authorized to order. I get an order confirmation email and shipping confirmation email.

Hope that helps.