sleepaider.com is supported by readers. When you buy with our links, we may earn a commission.Learn more

Pillows The Adjustable Height Layered Pancake Pillow Reviews

G

Gianna

I sleep on my sides and have had troubled sleep every single night because of the pillows I was using. I've tried different models but could not lay my hand something that was just right.

Recently I came to know about Pancake Pillows’ which are adjustable height pillows. He had the same problem as me, and ever since he has used this, he has not stopped raving about it.

Long story short, bought the Pancake Pillows 2 weeks back and love it! Very comfortable and soft. The concept is very simple. Pack in six pillows in a case, let the customer experiment the way they want. Well, it does work for me. First tried with three, then four and later on five. I found my ideal pillow at three. Get a few pillowcases and you can make separate pillows for different people and different surfaces.

The best thing about Pancake Pillows is that these can be modified without the regular issues that accompany other adjustable pillows. If you do not like the height, unzip, add or remove necessary slim cushions and you are good to go. It is that easy. I will buy more of these.

SleepMaster

SleepMaster

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for the review. The product @Gianna is talking about is this one here.

If you are here, you may also want to look at other layered pillows like Restorology Comfort, LumaLife Luxe and Pillowtex Adjustable.

This page will now serve as the dedicated community forum page for Pancake Pillow, the adjustable layer pillow. Here, members may post their reviews and experiences about the product, ask questions, discuss concerns! Off-topic posts will be deleted.

Note: sleepaider is supported by readers. We may earn commissions when you buy with our links

Y

Yanira

My husband suffered a cervical spine surgery and cannot sleep with a normal pillow. We did exhaustive research and zeroed in on the adjustable pillows by Pancake Pillows. The pillows are super soft and very comfortable. When I ordered them, I wasn’t sure about the quality and checked the fabrics and seams. The fabric was soft, and the seams well stitched.

These tiny pillows can be adjusted whichever way one wants. My husband sometimes puts 3 pillows, sometimes 4. The pillow does heat up a little due to the polyester filling, but then it is a very small compromise. I highly recommend this.

#Staff edit: user mentioned product attached with relevant link. Purchases might earn us commissions.

Julieth

Julieth

The USP for me is the adjustable loft. Thanks to these soft adjustable pillows, I got a wide range of options. I am not a fixed position sleeper, so having different size pillows is essential for me. I ordered two pillows and two extra cases and filled each with pillows that were suitable for a position.

A note of caution. These pillows tend to fluff up after they have dried. This should be kept in mind while adjusting.

Overall, a comfortable pillow.

Alexander

Alexander

This adjustable pillow joins the list of a great idea that failed to click.

The problem with them is that they are overly soft and fluffy. The company should have given 3 firm and 3 soft pillows, which would have worked better and could have given the desired firmness and support. You lie on them and end up feeling that the head and ears are covered with some soft materials. Not a good feeling. Not satisfied with it. If you plan to send it back, then good luck with packing these six pillows in a box.

R

Robertstone

A good pillow for a stomach sleeper. I am all over the place when sleeping and this pillow works wonders for me. I use pillows that have 2 and 3 layers and am happy with the results.

Tymber1983

Tymber1983

I am not so sure about these pillows. I like the idea but not sure why the manufacturer used such a filling. It is too soft to offer any support. Soft pillows negate the whole concept behind the height adjustment. They are so thin that even if you use all 6, it compresses, and you end with the height of a standard pillow.

I tried with 3, and it felt that I was sleeping without pillows. This needed a mix of soft and firm cushions to be successful. Right now, it’s very fluffy rendering it ineffective.

Y

Yanira

Is it better than “My Pillow?”
Well, it is your personal preference. My husband used My Pillow before switching to these pillows and he is happy with the switch. In terms of firmness, My Pillow is firmer.

W

willie_Holmes

I do not see any care any dry suggestions. Can someone help?

H

hattie

I do not see any care any dry suggestions. Can someone help?
I just machine wash and tumble dry the pillows covers in typical laundry fashion. Has served me well till now. Keep in mind that pillows become fluffy after a wash, and it does become tricky to put them back into the case.

neophyte Believer

neophyte Believer

This pillow(s?) become lumpy very quickly. Mine turned lumpy within 10 days, so much that I could touch my fingers from opposite sides. I bundled the lumpy pillows together, and it seemed to work ok.