Soclean 2 CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizer Reviews

Discussion in 'Sleep Apnea & CPAP Users Forum' started by cockamamie, Apr 11, 2017.

1. cockamamie

cockamamie New Member

Hello everyone,

Being new to CPAP use, I always fret about keeping my supplies clean. One day, while coming from work, I saw an advertisement for SoClean2. Instinct told me, “This is it. It would help to keep all my problems away.” But while researching this magical machine, there were lots of forums which said this was just garbage and a scam. Sites like secondwindCPAP and Amazon keep showing these products on their site as having 5 stars.

Though I clean my supplies the traditional way, just felt having a machine do this would be good for me. Though I do not believe blindly in all the stuff written on the net and by blog writers, have heard that this site is good and offers good advice, hence turning to you. Can you help me in deciding if I should go ahead with this? I would appreciate any feedback.

Thank you.

2. Esme

Esme New Member

Welcome to our Forum @cockamamie.

We hope you keep returning to the forum.

With regards to the SoClean2, it just does not clean anything. When you get the machine, you would have to clean equipment and mask with a different pricey solution separately and then put your stuff into the machine. It just circulates ozone through the hose and the machine. My sincere advice --- AVOID IT.

3. sleepmaniac

sleepmaniac New Member

Well, I believe SoClean2 is just another scam which aims at taking money from gullible consumers. For me, it is an “Electronically Operated Garbage Can.”

A big waste of energy, money and time.

4. emelia

emelia New Member

I disagree. I am not very sure of the many side effects of ozone being propagated around. It is a sterilizer, so not sure if it would do any harm.

I have been using SoClean for my ResMed S9. It does a pretty good job of sanitizing the machine. I need not disassemble anything or add any chemicals to the water. Yes, we do need to clean the mask beforehand but are we so lazy that we can’t spend a few minutes on cleaning something so essential. An added plus point is that since it passes ozone (which is the best sterilizer in the world) through the mask and other supplies, it would kill off all pathogens that can reside in the CPAP supplies.

You can check this link

In case you have any other issues you can call them at this number 866-501-3705 (found on Amazon)

5. MateRuss

MateRuss New Member

Will this fit any masks?

6. emelia

emelia New Member

Yes, the inside chamber is 5.5 x 5.5 x 7.25 and can fit any type of masks except total face mask.

7. steve123

steve123 New Member

Well, I partly agree with @emelia. Ozone is an excellent DISINFECTANT AND SANITIZING AGENT (at right concentrations). Ozone DOES NOT CLEAN products.

SoClean2 simply passes ozone through your machine and humidifier. Period.

Cleaning aims at removing visible and other dirt that accumulates on the top of any surface. Sanitizing reduces the chances of microscopic organisms from growing. Disinfecting just kills all the microscopic organisms.

So... in reality, SoClean2 just disinfects or sanitize CPAP equipment... however, for achieving that it should first get cleaned…if the grime is still left after passing ozone, what is the use of such complicated cleaning process?

My humble request, go to a superstore, get a good, mild liquid dishwashing soap and clean your supplies. You can also give your supplies a run in the dishwasher for extra cleaning. That would suffice.

8. Pluslykell

Pluslykell New Member

Just wanted to know if this cleans off oil from the mask.

9. softsleeper

softsleeper New Member

SoClean2 inhibits the build-up of facial oil, but as such does not remove it. Though SoClean2 sanitizes and destroys almost all the pathogens present on the CPAP supplies, there might still be some residue which would need occasional cleaning (which we anyways do).

10. outfox

outfox New Member

I have a DeVilbiss machine, was wondering if would need an adapter.

11. softsleeper

softsleeper New Member

Hi, @outfox. SoClean allows you to specify the machine you need and if it is on their list, they will send the entire kit including the adapter.

12. Ruby

Ruby New Member

I have two machines. Can I use this for cleaning both of them? Also does the SoClean2 use a 220 or 110v adapter?

13. emelia

emelia New Member

Yes. There is opening on both sides for the hose. SoClean2 uses 110v.

14. Gauge

Gauge New Member

A thing to ponder over, while ozone can disinfect and sanitize your equipment, it can also damage it. Ozone is a potent oxidizer and has the potential of turning plastics brittle, damaging silicone seals and could even corrode metal and electrical components.

The gist of the matter – An excellent theory, but simply NOT PRACTICABLE.

15. splendiferous

splendiferous New Member

I think you can go through this article on ozone and take a judgment call.

16. derek

derek New Member

Do not fret. We all go through the same doubts and trust me, traditional and straightforward cleaning efforts are enough to keep your supplies clean. I have been using CPAP for past 17 years and have not faced any issues. SoClean2 would not blow your problems away. Instead, it would attract them…

17. erwin

erwin New Member

:laughing::laughing::laughing:Electronically Operated Garbage Can.”…:laughing::laughing::laughing:

This is one of the best reviews I have ever read about SoClean2.

18. Judy

Judy New Member

Bumped into this old thread…for me, soclean2 worked wonders. Despite frequent cleanings, I had severe allergies; my doctor had advised me to try this. I used it, and after few cleaning sessions, my allergies had gone. I am not saying ozone cleared my allergies, but it sure killed the pathogens that were causing my allergies. So my vote would go to SoClean2.

19. mojo

mojo New Member

I agree with @Judy. I have been using SoClean2 for past six months. I am happy with its use. Though sometimes it gives a funny smell, I think it is a small price to pay when it can kill almost all the microorganisms and keep me healthy.