Rotech DME Opinions

Discussion in 'Sleep Apnea & CPAP Users Forum' started by archipelago, Mar 3, 2017.

1. archipelago

archipelago New Member

I would like to add that though some DME has pathetic services, some local branch office would be excellent and serve you well. In case you get these type of branches, then stay with it.

2. rtubbs77

rtubbs77 New Member

Hello Friends, hope you all are doing great.

I have seen this forum as well as others and have heard a lot of stuff about Lincare and Apria. But has anybody heard about Rotech? On their website, they promote themselves as a national leader, but their branches sometimes have different names, and I know for a fact that all offices are not called "Rotech" specifically. Any ideas or suggestions regarding this DME?

3. donaldplozha

donaldplozha New Member

I have used Rotech DME for more than 10 years, and their service has been excellent. They are ready to help you and provide assistance while you are on the road. I had once developed a problem with my CPAP machine while I was in Iowa. I called up my local branch and told them the problem, and they responded very quickly and got a loaner arranged. One more incidence which I can recall is while traveling in Ontario; my nasal mask developed a problem. Once again, I called them, and they responded quickly and provided a new mask. So my experience with them has been good enough. Another thing I forgot to mention is that my local branch always checks on me and ensures that my supplies are up-to-date. So five stars for their service.

4. BWE

BWE New Member

Wow! I am not sure which local branch office @donaldplozha has got, but my experience with them has been awful. Firstly, the RT was not helpful. She did not even follow up with me. I was not able to use the mask for than 3 hours, yet the branch showed I was compliant with the machine. Moreover, they made me run around for a new mask (an F&P mask). Their supply schedule is not proper, and I have not yet received any supplies from them properly. I think you can better avoid them.

5. zZJoennZz

zZJoennZz New Member

I was talking to a colleague in my office, and he said anything can always be better than Apria. That was music to my ears.

6. mamiknows

mamiknows New Member

My Doctor asked me whether I was happy with my local Rotech branch and whether I was getting my supplies regularly. When I replied in negative, he offered me help to find a new DME and told me about Kaiser. Though I am new to his practice, I have heard many positive reviews about the doctor, so I think I would like to give Kaiser a try. The only hope is that my insurance tells me they are on the network.

7. blaze4545

blaze4545 New Member

Lucky you. I had informed my doctor about my irregular supplies, and she was of not much help. I had to find a new DME on my own and get a new doctor who would at least listen to me and not just tell me.

8. soakes67

soakes67 New Member

I got a local Rotech office—only 50 miles away--which do accept Medicare assignment :cry::cry:. Just thinking about the journey gives me jeepers.:coldsweat::coldsweat:

9. Flyer28

Flyer28 New Member

I sincerely hope your branch is way better than mine. I have dealt with them for more than 5 years and trust me they only give outright lies, and misinformation and icing on the cake is incompetence. I dread when I ask them something because every time they mess with the supplies and give the wrong product. Talking with Rotech HQ and location manager is a sheer waste of time. Since my insurance does not have other good option, I am stuck with them.:sob::sob:

10. jameshooks628

jameshooks628 New Member

My experience with them has been mixed. Sometimes, they do not provide any clear answers, but a majority of times they are pretty good. I had called a few days back and the lady told the RT wasn’t in town and that I can call back on Monday. I appreciated it because she did not try to BS me with any lies. Similarly, whenever I have any issues, they try to respond as early as possible. So I would say I am 90% satisfied with them.

11. phantonym

phantonym New Member

12. rtubbs77

rtubbs77 New Member

Sure would go through it and thanks for all the feedback.