ResMed Mirage Quattro FX full face CPAP mask

Discussion in 'Sleep Apnea & CPAP Users Forum' started by ezekiel, Oct 24, 2017.

1. ezekiel

ezekiel New Member

Hello everyone.

I have heard a lot about ResMed’s Mirage Quattro FX mask. I am planning to get a new mask and have finally narrowed down on this mask. I am presently using Swift™ FX Nano, and I am not too pleased with its performance. Just wanted to have some ideas about Mirage FX mask.

2. remington

remington New Member

I ordered a Mirage Activa FX a few months ago, and my DME supplied it after several days of follow-up. I used the product for few days, but it developed leaks and the days I used the mask, I did not have a wink of sleep. Duly returned it and shifted to Quattro FX. So, my experience with Mirage FX was not too good, not sure about others.

3. hateproblems

hateproblems New Member

Hi, @ezekiel.

I had ordered the Mirage FX for Her and just a few days after using it; the mask started developing leaks. Adjusted the chinstraps on the top and ended up making a dent on my face, and the leak, though reduced, was still there.

However, a fascinating part was the fact I slept peacefully all the days I used my Mirage FX for Her mask. I usually sleep on my sides and then shift to sleeping on the back, and every time I turned, I had to get up adjusting my mask. But with my Mirage FX for Her, I just slept through the whole night and always had refreshing morning afterward. I am now looking for solutions on adjusting the straps since I would like to keep the mask.

4. BadgerSquadron3

BadgerSquadron3 New Member

Ideally speaking, the area for Mirage FX is very less, so the leaks should be very less, but that is not the case. This one leaks a lot, and the frame is also not up to the mark, and one has to always adjust the straps for preventing leaks, which eats up precious sleep time. It usually works well if we lie still on the back. The moment we shift to the sides, it starts leaking. My advice – AVOID IT.

5. Bluemerlin

Bluemerlin New Member

I have to agree with @BadgerSquadron3. I used the Mirage FX for many days but was disappointed that the leaks just did not stop. If I tried adjusting the top, the leaks would come from bottom corners, and if I adjusted the bottom, the leaks would occur from the top. I got so fed up that I just ditched the Mirage and went for Activa.

6. Ohyesuare

Ohyesuare New Member

Could not agree more. Mirage FX just LEAKS. While using it, my time was spent between adjusting the mask, not waking up my wife and trying to get some sleep. I have abandoned this mask, and I am now looking for other options.

7. Kyubito

Kyubito New Member

I am new to CPAP and tried Mirage FX. While I cannot say it was perfect, but it did help me with sound sleep. However, opted not to get this mask, because it simply LEAKS!

8. Denis Hard

Denis Hard New Member

Though not sure about others, I tried some adjustments with the chinstraps and found that the leaks reduced significantly. However, it ended up making my face look like it just had a whiplash. I am trying out some others options since I cannot bear the pain and just thinking about using this mask for rest of my life just gives me shivers.

9. lizzycorreia

lizzycorreia New Member

Well, I have been going through the posts, and many members have commented on the leakage part. I think I am the lucky one since I do not suffer from any of the issues mentioned above. BTW, I use Mirage FX for Her.

10. BillDavid

BillDavid New Member

I use Mirage FX. I, initially, had a problem getting adjusted to it, but it is working fine now. Less wear and tear and the straps can be removed for cleaning purposes. I am pleased with it.