portable cpap machines battery powered

Discussion in 'Sleep Apnea & CPAP Users Forum' started by Adelynn, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Adelynn

Adelynn New Member

Hello to everyone

I recently bought a new hosehead, and I am planning on getting backup APAP machine. Since I am an outdoor person, I go for a hike or traveling on weekends. I have zeroed in on Z1, but I am worried about the power backup for my outdoor trips?

Any suggestions would be welcome.

2. hendrix

hendrix New Member

I think you would be more than surprised about what google throws up with regards to your doubts and your options would be widened. Just search in google by appending the word “forum” in your search. With regards to batteries, most of the machines that I have come across can function on batteries, though some might need a power converter.

3. juxtaposition

juxtaposition New Member

I searched for Z1 and the price with additional pack comes to around $670 which I feel is tad expensive (unless you use it as frequently as your original CPAP machine)

I think you can also check Transcend Auto Minicpap Machine Package with Ezex or Intellipap Standard Travel CPAP Machine, both come under $500. You can check out this site http://www.directhomemedical.com/cpap-machines.html for more details.

What ultimately matters is the space constraints when you travel and if for some more dough you can get the desired machine then I think you should go for it.

4. chANNiNG

chANNiNG New Member

If you are inclined towards Z1, then I think you can try the Z1 CPAP machine with PowerShell and overnight battery. It is small and compact and is easy to take around. I have friends who use it while traveling and are very happy about it. You can watch this link for getting more details

5. Jalen

Jalen New Member

I am using a Z1 and am very happy with its performance. If you have some extra bucks, I think you can go for the Z1 Travel CPAP Overnight Battery Pack which when fully charged can give around 6-7 hours of good sleep in temp of approximately 15o to 40o (since you said you are an outdoor person). I have seen friends who will put the machine into the sleeping bag and get around 8 hours of good sleep. I think you can go for the Z1 and get this overnight battery. The best part is you can also use this at home if you want.

6. julshii

julshii New Member

7. jesus1961

jesus1961 New Member

In case you have already decided on the CPAP machine, I think you can get a C-100Travel battery pack for your device. You can check out the product at cpap.com.

8. Alina

Alina New Member

I use a PR 560 auto machine which I can even take on flights since it is FAA approved. Though it is a bit bulky for traveling, I take it since I usually go out on my boat and space is not an issue for me. You can get more details at http://www.directhomemedical.com/pr-systemone-remstar-auto-ds560-philipsrespironics.html

Also, I have a Z1 as a backup machine. This has served me well for quite a while now, so I think you can also for this. As somebody said, what matters is the fact that you should be comfortable and have good sleep while traveling or at home.

Anyways happy camping and happy shopping.

9. Adelynn

Adelynn New Member

Thanks everybody for all the advice. I will surely go through the links and see which one is best suited for me.