sleepaider.com is supported by readers. When you buy with our links, we may earn a commission.Learn more

Mattress Olee Sleep 13 inches Gel Memory Foam Spring Hybrid Mattress

Z

zaila

Been thinking of starting this topic for a while now. I wanted to change my decade-old mattress because it stopped giving me the desired support and comfort. My husband did extensive research and ended up picking Olee Sleep’s 13" Galaxy hybrid gel-infused memory foam mattress. The clincher was the price. We went for a queen, pretty sure that for the price, it was a steal.

The mattress arrived on time. Not in a box, just rolled up. The mattress was around 120lbs and needed 3 people to take it to the bedroom. We placed it on the platform bed, cut the packing and unfolded the mattress. Once free of the plastic, it exploded and within a matter of hours was nearly 9 inches. Some coaxing around the edges, and it increased further.

There was off-gassing, so I left it to breathe for 48 hours. Came back and saw that the mattress had expanded full 13 inches. Put a new bedsheet and we were ready to sleep on it.

We did and got the BEST. SLEEP. EVER. The combination of memory foam, coils, and gel is heavenly. Excellent support, comfy, and cooling properties ensured that we slept through. The hips, back, and the legs get proper support.

** months later*** this mattress has been serving us well. Our backache has magically vanished and we are now waking up more refreshed and ready to take on the world.

SleepMaster

SleepMaster

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for the review. The product @zaila is talking about is this one here.

If you are here you may also want to look at some of the popular mattresses under $300 on Amazon.

This page will now serve as the dedicated community forum page for Olee Sleep 13 inches Gel Memory Foam Spring Hybrid Mattress. Here members may post their reviews and experiences about the product, ask questions, discuss concerns! Off topic posts will be deleted.

Note: sleepaider is supported by readers. We may earn commissions when you buy with our links

S

Super Giggles

I sleep hot and wanted a mattress that could keep me cool. I came across this mattress after a six-month search. I was worried about purchasing a mattress online, but gathered the courage and bought It. It was delivered in a small box (that was heavy). However, the mattress expanded fully within a few hours, a full 13 inches. This bed is firm, make no mistake, but the firmness is not hard on your body….you can say it is soft firmness. There was only a slight odor that lasted for an hour or two.

The cooling gel layer does its work, and I woke up much cooler. The only downside in this mattress is the edges. It lacks adequate support. They crush easily. If you get to a sitting position and are not careful, you can slide and land on the floor. I fell off twice while sitting on the edges. But it is a small price to pay when compared to the excellent support and comfort this mattress is giving me.

sloan

sloan

Olee Sleep mattress is the right mix of new and traditional. I do sink in but get the necessary support, much to my liking. There is no indent or sag. The mattress is super comfy and has helped me to sleep through. My only complaint is that the mattress smelled terribly for nearly 10 days. I can understand a day or two, but 10 days was a bit too much.

Kye25

Kye25

So, this mattress worked wonders for me for two months. I sleep light and on my sides. After two months, there is a permanent indent on the side where I was sleeping. The comfort level is gone, and I am sleeping hot. I tried sleeping in a different position and place, but the initial comfort which I got was gone. I never thought I would end up shopping for a mattress within two months. Very disappointed. Looking at the Zinus Gel-Infused Green Tea memory foam mattress which I see is probably the most reviewed on Amazon. Hmmm...

#Staff edit: user mentioned product attached with relevant link. Purchases might earn us commissions.

M

Melania

Is it plush? From the description, I could not make out.

S

Super Giggles

Is it plush? From the description, I could not make out.
Not necessarily plush, but also not hard as a brick. It provides adequate support to your body while you sink into it. Worth every penny.

Jameson

Jameson

Overall, the bed is comfortable. It was firm when it arrived, but regular use has resulted in it softening up a bit and becoming more comfortable. My mattress never expanded to full 13”. It stopped at 11 inches. No idea why. After a year of use, it has developed a small sag but nothing that could affect my sleep. I’ll probably use it for another year and then go for another one. For the price, not terribly disappointed.

D

dannyboy

Can it work on an adjustable bed? Also, can we flip it?

NATAN

NATAN

The manufacturers forgot to put foam or any cushioning around the edges. Be it the sides or the head or foot; it is the same. The mattress sinks around the edges. I have plopped down twice or thrice when waking up due to a lack of support. Also, the bed expanded only 10 inches, below the promised 13 inches.

That said, the mattress does offer good support to the entire body, and one does wake up refreshed; just need to be careful about the edges.