sleepaider.com is supported by readers. When you buy with our links, we may earn a commission.Learn more

Accessories Murphy Bed Frame Kit From Amazon

P

pomposity

I love DIY projects, and this seemed to be a good one. I had a spare room that I wanted to be used as an extra bedroom/ work/ play area for my kid.

I saw the Murphy Bed Frame kit on Amazon and decided to go for it. The product was excellent, and so was the customer service. I started the project on a Friday evening and by Monday morning, it was complete.

The instructions and cut sheets that accompanied the kit helped a lot in making this an easy DIY project. The most important thing is to follow all the steps given in the instruction sheet and also watch the DVD because some steps are explained in detail on the DVD.

As instructed, I got large horizontal cuts made, which made the whole project look cleaner.

SleepMaster

SleepMaster

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for the review. The product @pomposity is talking about is this one here.

If you are here, you may also want to look at the best selling bed frames.

This page will now serve as the dedicated community forum page for Deluxe Murphy Bed Kit. Here members may post their reviews and experiences about the product, ask questions, discuss concerns! Off topic posts will be deleted.

Note: sleepaider is supported by readers. We may earn commissions when you buy with our links

R

Reaghan

I purchased this kit on a whim. Once the package arrived, I panicked as I was not good with wood and did not know how to go ahead. I read and re-read the instructions. They were spot on and the video was great. I kept on watching the video while I was busy cutting and assembling the various parts. Once it was done, got it painted and fixed in the room.

The bed worked without any problem. I never thought I could start and finish a project like a professional. Thanks.

ajay

ajay

Is it worth the hassle? What is the cost of wood required for a Queen? I want to check if the price is worth the trouble of buying the kit and making it or get it built by professionals.

R

Reaghan

Is it worth the hassle? What is the cost of wood required for a Queen? I want to check if the price is worth the trouble of buying the kit and making it or get it built by professionals.
Well, it is a personal choice. If you like working on DIY, then this project is good. OTOH if you prefer getting a professional to work on your beds and cabinet, then it’s your choice.

Regarding the cost of wood, based upon where you live and the kind of wood you need, it could easily range between $75 and $150.

B

BRYCE1971

Besides the kit, what else do we need to get started?

P

pomposity

Besides the kit, what else do we need to get started?
Well, you will require good quality and heavy-duty plywood, which will act as a base, lumber if you are planning for cabinets, paint or stain depending on whether you want a neat, polished look or a raw natural look. I hope this helps.

E

edward johnson

The Queen murphy bed project did not go down as planned. The piston was not functioning correctly and there were issues with the bed not staying down. It needed weights to let it stay in a position. There is nothing on the instructions sheets that shows the way forward. Worried about the mess that it has created.

P

ptahm22

Does the kit come with a locking mechanism so that the kids do not pull down the bed accidentally?

E

edward johnson

Does the kit come with a locking mechanism so that the kids do not pull down the bed accidentally?
I am sorry. There is no locking mechanism. You can place the handle in a spot where kids could not reach it. You can also think of placing latches that lock the bed in place when not in use.

Maxime73

Maxime73

A decent project. This is not easy to assemble. It takes a lot of calculation and planning and lots of hours watching the DVD. The measurements are a bit off and need adjustments.

That said, the finished product is good. The only issue was the lifters. They were not helping me to keep the bed down, had to devise ingenious tricks to keep the mattress down.

ed

ed

Any idea about the difference between deluxe and standard version? Also, can we attach a premade cabinet to it?

Maxime73

Maxime73

To answer your second question first, the cabinets need to be made, or else it will not function properly. The difference between the standard and deluxe version is that deluxe has metal pivoting legs that stay out of sight, which is a good thing, especially when you are not using the bed.

#Staff edit: user mentioned product attached with relevant link. Purchases might earn us commissions.