sleepaider.com is supported by readers. When you buy with our links, we may earn a commission.Learn more

Platform Bed Louis Philippe Queen Sleigh Panel Bed

Z

Zymere94

Leaving my review of the Louis Philippe Sleigh Panel Bed by Coaster Home Furnishings. It is one solid piece of furniture. The bed looks regal and is made of solid wood.

I came across this bed accidentally. I have a mattress that started sagging after just a year of use. I was looking for a new mattress on Amazon and stumbled on this. Impressed by the description, I went ahead and got it.

It turns out my mattress was not the culprit. It was the old bed frame. The Louise Phillipe bed frame offers plenty of support thanks mainly to its 4 support beams that go across and the feet, which supports it in the middle. The only problem (not a big issue) is that once the mattress with box springs goes on it, the bed gets a bit high, making it difficult for the children to climb up and get off.

That said, my family likes it. The purchase was worth the money!

SleepMaster

SleepMaster

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for the review. The product @Zymere94 is talking about is this one here.
If you are here you may also want to look at the best selling beds on Amazon.

This page will now serve as the Dedicated community forum page for Coaster Home Furnishings Louis Philippe Queen Sleigh Panel Bed Red Brown. Here members may post their reviews and experiences about the product, ask questions, discuss concerns! Off topic posts will be deleted.

Note: sleepaider is supported by readers. We may earn commissions when you buy with our links

C

Calli

Louis Philippe Sleigh panel is an excellent bed but poor packaging. The bed frame came in two boxes. The carton that contained the footboard was well packed, but somehow the footboard had a crack in the middle. The company was of no help. The footboard has three plywood pieces kept across the bottom rack which acts as a support. Some hardware was also missing, a few screws, which I had to get on my own.

However, this bed is sturdy, and I think it is pretty good. The final product matched the description on the site and was easy to assemble. Way to go Coaster Home Furnishings!!!

S

seanna1994

Rock-solid wood, exactly how a bed should be. No shortcuts like MDF etc. The bed is easy to assemble, took a novice like me a tad bit more than an hour.

When I first saw the furniture, I was not entirely convinced…felt this might end up being wobbly, but thankfully it was not. The bed was sturdy. You will need a drill while assembling the bed (for screwing in the slats). Manually putting the eight screws might take a lot of time without drills.

M

MatthewFranklin

Good time and place to update my experience. I was very pleased with the frame when I purchased it a year ago. But now, things have started falling off. The bed has started wobbling. Tightened all the screws but in vain. The wobbling did not stop. Got a carpenter in and screwed few more screws on the head and footboards. Hopefully, it will stick.

lindy1989

lindy1989

Terrible bed. Period.

The bed arrived two weeks late, and I did not like the feel of the frame. It did not feel right. We assembled it, put the mattress on, lied down and heard a big snap – 2 slats gave way. The slats were thin and cannot hold a heavy mattress. Replaced all the slats with solid wood. A few days later, the footboard snapped. The screws were a misfit.

Crap.

66Rylea

66Rylea

Do we need box springs? Won’t the mattress suffice?

lindy1989

lindy1989

Do we need box springs? Won’t the mattress suffice?
The box springs are not necessary, but then you have to reinforce the frame with more slats. The frame is not strong enough to hold heavy mattresses. I placed a few plywood sheets across, and it served me well.

lyan

lyan

The bed was delivered on time. The addition of panels on head and footboards was a beautiful touch and gave it a different look. Well, it works for me. It was delivered in two packages, three hours apart. The bed frame was easy to assemble and held up well.
The only things which I felt was off the mark with this frame were:
  • The support beams underneath, the ones which reach the floor, sort of slides towards the back and need some adjustments
  • The caps were also a misfit