Lincare CPAP Supplies

Discussion in 'Sleep Apnea & CPAP Users Forum' started by kmwv74, Sep 15, 2017.

1. kmwv74

kmwv74 New Member

I am being ripped off.

It goes like this….I went to local Lincare store for purchasing new CPAP hose….hearing their prices I just had an attack, the lady charged me more than 1/3 price online and when questioned was told to either pay the price or buy online and went on to say they have been taken over by Linde AG. Taken over or not…Lincare has been ripping off for CPAP supplies. Previously they said they took over the CPAPSupply USA so were charging more and now this news…are both this news accurate…and would it be helpful if I buy online rather than physically from store….?:confused:

PS: my experience with Lincare has been very very bad…I hope I am not alone in this regard.

2. gorer22

gorer22 New Member

Yes, it is true, you can check this link.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/linde-closes-lincare-acquisition-161438380.html

They had also taken over CPAPSupplyUSA…the link to that is here https://trademarks.justia.com/856/18/cpap-supply-85618289.html

BTW…if you are buying out of pocket then I think getting online and purchasing supplies would make more sense and the products also are good…there are some excellent sites…just google around and hopefully, you can get your product...

As a matter of fact, I have had friend who used Linde products (completely different products) but their customer service is excellent ..so hopefully, Lincare can improve from there

An interesting note

Lincare originally was a subsidiary of Linde AG known as Linde Homecare Medical Systems. Lincare was acquired in 1917 by Union Carbide, and in 1987 Lincare was hived off Union Carbide and finally in 2012, it was acquired by Linde AG..so what goes around comes around.

3. kmwv74

kmwv74 New Member

That’s excellent news…I think Lincare was competing with Apria and trying to win "who would give the most worthless customer service" award,:p though Apria would win hands down in this regard.

4. thedragon

thedragon New Member

My experience with Lincare has also been awful…I went to Lincare for buying a ResMed's S9 Elite w/H5i Humidifier and was told they do not keep that brand (maybe store ran out of it)... I checked and found they are the retailers of it. I went back after some days after testing, and they gave me the model but was made to buy some other face mask (do not remember the name). The mask was utterly ill-fitting, and Lincare was simply not bothered about it…I somehow managed for one year and lo behold...I got a package which had the entire initial supplies for ResMed's S9 Elite w/H5i Humidifier…talk about speed. That was the last package I received from them…I had enough and started ordering supplies online and not only am I getting it quickly but I am also getting it at low price… I have fired Lincare…..and now I am having peace of mind with Kaiser...

5. Kyubito

Kyubito New Member

As mentioned earlier by @gorer22, if you are paying on your own rather than insurance then I think online would be best suited for you since a majority of DMEs have many sites and have many overhead expenses to take care off. Online DMEs have, on the other hand, very few places (many have single warehouse), so the costs are less. That said, online DME also charges a bomb, the only difference is they sell at MSR prices (Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price).

6. Lorigh

Lorigh New Member

Well, I think this info is not correct. My DME sell me products at a rate lesser than an online seller (which BTW is same company with a different name). My DME also offers Sleep Study, on a different floor in the same building under a new name. The only thing they do not do as an online retailer is they are open for 5 days only while online retailers are always “open.”

7. Candee24

Candee24 New Member

Sounds quite familiar to me…my son was assigned to Lincare by sleep lab fellow, and Lincare just gave an F&P machine. He took that to his pulmonologist who was not able to read the data from these machines. He went back to Lincare with another script for the PR-S1 machine, which Lincare flatly refused to sell. Getting irritated, my son went home, got all the supplies and machine and sent to Lincare and fired them. He then saw my DME who gave him whatever was prescribed to him. This happened around Easter. Two weeks ago, my son gets a box containing three months supplies of the machine that we returned to Lincare around 6 months ago….My son had to spend a lot of time in returning these back to Lincare, and surprisingly his insurance was charged for these supplies. He has told his insurance about the case and they, have assured that Lincare would not be given any more payments for the machine which he never used. As a follow-up measure, he has also sent a letter to state department responsible for licensing DME and the State AG's office with a copy to his insurance company about this nuisance. Hope something good comes out of this.

8. Flyer28

Flyer28 New Member

Wow…I was thinking I was the only one with worst experience with Lincare. I live in Norfolk, VA and have a Lincare office nearby my house. As I was diagnosed with OSA and prescribed CPAP machine (PB Breeze), I thought since Lincare was nearby, my whole buying and after sales process would be hassle free. I took an appointment and went to their office with the mandatory prescription. The staff was initially courteous but when I told them which type of machine I wanted and was not interested in other machines, their behavior changed. They tried palming me off a different machine but did not have any luck. Things was going fine for six months and I received two quarterly supplies (mask, filter, hose) and they billed my insurance. But then they did not supply the third quarterly supply and when inquired, was told my address has changed so they could not send it…I blew through the roof and asked them to show records about sending me the supplies at my so-called old address, they just did not have it..these guys never sent me the supplies…when I asked them to send it, they said PB has wound up the business and they no longer have the supplies…if I want, I can order online. I thought they were joking so went and did Google search…turn out they were right (a rarity), PB was indeed winding down.

Anyways, to cut long story short, I fired Lincare and got other DME who has been nice till now.

I hope this post would help others to check if they have any other option to Lincare…their service is simple TERRIBLE… and would not recommend Lincare to anybody

9. soakes67

soakes67 New Member

To add to what others have been saying, I am a Lincare customer and I see people talking about prices and customer services…but my problem is different….the quality of my supplies is becoming terrible of late…initially my mask used to run for six months with proper care…but from January this year these masks do not even last two months and last month my hose started leaking( first time)…I feel Lincare is robbing me ..for the price I pay I need superior quality products but this is not the case lately. I shifted from Apria to Lincare, but these guys are leaving even Apria behind in all aspects…

10. cinderr

cinderr New Member

I think I am the odd one out…I have Lincare as my DME, and so far they have been good to me (which is surprising going by the previous posts). I was given the ResMed S9 Elite™ w/H5i™ Humidifier which was prescribed by my doctor..but, to be frank, it has only been three months since I have used Lincare…so maybe this is the “honeymoon period.”

11. rtubbs77

rtubbs77 New Member

You sure are the odd one out…but trust me, wait for some more months and Lincare would show its true colors...

12. leedah

leedah New Member

I may be wrong, but it surely depends on the branch and the staff handling the branch. My Lincare office has an excellent staff who is supervised by Jim (BTW why do these guys only give their first name) and they have been good to me, and I have been using Lincare for past one year….seems I am lucky…but overall even I have heard Lincare customer service is atrocious, and sometimes they also leave back Apria.