sleepaider.com is supported by readers. When you buy with our links, we may earn a commission.Learn more

Platform Bed Leggett and Platt Simplicity Adjustable Base

M

maverik1990

My old mattress and adjustable frame gave way after serving me for a decade. This time, I wanted to go for an adjustable base that will serve me long and also support my new expensive Sleep Number mattress. My search led me to Leggett and Platt’s Simplicity 3.0 adjustable base. To say that I am happy with the purchase will be an understatement.

This adjustable bed has everything that I was looking for. This bed base has infinite positions. The best feature is the Auto Snore feature. The massage feature was useful but not very smooth. But hey, it does lull one to sleep. Light under the bed is another handy feature, very helpful in a dark room. Happy!

SleepMaster

SleepMaster

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for the review. The product @maverik1990 is talking about is this one here.

If you are here you may also want to look at the best selling adjustable bases on amazon.

This page will now serve as the dedicated community forum page for Leggett and Platt Simplicity Adjustable Base. Here members may post their reviews and experiences about the product, ask questions, discuss concerns! Off topic posts will be deleted.

Note: sleepaider is supported by readers. We may earn commissions when you buy with our links

S

searcher

I was looking for a new adjustable bed base for my sister and came across this. I also saw some other options, but the price offered by L&P was the clincher. Yes, it has one or two features less than its competitors, but price was an issue.

The package arrived on time. This is a 120lb bed base and needs 2 to 3 people to help set up. There was a problem with the remote. It was not shifting into different positions smoothly. We contacted the seller who was gracious to send a new remote. The new remote has a light feature (it lit up when touched), which was not the case with the previous remote.

We are satisfied with the purchase.

T

Tyrus

Compared to the Sleep Number Adjustable bed base, this is nearly 60% cheaper. The assembly was easy. The downside…the massage feature was loud. It was not massaging but shaking my body. I contacted the manufacturer but there was no response. Something was loose, not sure what.

Update – the company finally contacted me and sent a replacement bed.

M

maverik1990

What is the warranty on Simplicity 3.0?
Leggett & Platt offers a 1-3-25 warranty. The first year covers all parts or any manufacturing defect. Year 2 and 3 take care of the defective units, but you have to put it in. Year 4-25, L&P will take of mechanical warranties. Any electronic defects need to be paid by you.

douglas77

douglas77

Setting up the adjustable bed was comfortable. I did need some help, but it was done without any trouble. It works as advertised. There was an issue with the snore function, which was rectified by the L&P personnel. Unlike what other reviewers on this forum and others say, I did not face any problem with the massage function.

rome

rome

I received this bed a month back. It was easy to unpack and assemble. Worked great for a week, then it went kaput. Just gave up. The bed was neither in a reclining position nor flat, basically an in-between position. I tried the manual’s suggestions. Nothing.

I called the 800 number, did not get a satisfactory response. Thanks to the shitty customer service, I am not able to sleep on my new bed. Buy this at your risk.

highgan

highgan

I have a question. Are 4 legs enough for Simplicity 3.0 to perform well?

douglas77

douglas77

I have a question. Are 4 legs enough for Simplicity 3.0 to perform well?
Yes. Simplicity 3.0 will perform well with four legs. They adjusted the two extra legs to make this a king-size bed. They also made away with one head and one foot motors. That said, you can order two extra legs.

scotlyn

scotlyn

I love this bed base. The massage feature (though loud) lulls me into sleep while watching TV or reading. My favorite position - zero gravity position, switch the vibration button, and ....!

9juno

9juno

Is this suitable for a split king mattress? Someone told me that having a wall hugger can destroy the mattress.

A

alister

Is this suitable for a split king mattress? Someone told me that having a wall hugger can destroy the mattress.
Hello!
This Simplicity model does not have a Wall hugging feature. The S-cape does have it. Also, the wall hugger will not affect your mattress as the wall hugger only helps in raising the back.

#Staff edit: user mentioned product attached with relevant link. Purchases might earn us commissions.