HoZer hose management system.

Discussion in 'Sleep Apnea & CPAP Users Forum' started by 3bie, Sep 1, 2017.

1. 3bie

3bie New Member

I need help…I am planning on a road trip from Augusta, Maine to Gainesville, Florida to attend my son’s wedding (19th October). I am not a frequent traveler but have been going on small trips, and I am usually back by the evening…I have OSA and cannot do without my CPAP machine. However, this road trip is giving me jeepers since I do not know how to manage the CPAP and the 10-foot long hose in various hotel rooms. Any suggestions, please….

2. adonezone

adonezone New Member

Wow…Convey our congrats to your son..may he have a blessed life ahead of him.

With regards to hose…I think you should try the HoZer® hose management system. I have never used it myself, but I have had friends who have used it on their trips, and they were gushing over its performance…will try to get some help from them

3. 3bie

3bie New Member

Thanks @adonezone..will surely convey your wishes to my son…and thanks for the advice on Hozer, would try to do some digging myself and see…

4. nickscharko

nickscharko New Member

Hi, @3bie…welcome to the forum…and hearty congratulations on your son’s marriage and may he have a blissful life ahead of him.

Re traveling with CPAP and hose…as ,@adonezone said, I would suggest HoZer®…I would say its God’s gift to CPAP users. I have been using it for a few years now and have gone on few road trips myself, and HoZer® has been my constant companion. HoZer® floats the CPAP hose overhead to provide the required amount of hose for the mask every time. It helps in removing a majority of the hose-related mask malfunctions and the related sleep interruptions. I have become hooked to it and rest assured can never do without it. HoZer provides precisely needed hose for the CPAP machine and does not limit your movement. Unlike other hose management systems, HoZer would not bind you to any particular position and allows complete freedom to move any way you want.

Oops..nearly forgot to tell..I even use it at home since I am so used to it now.

5. 3bie

3bie New Member

Thanks @nickscharko for the wishes and would convey the same to my son. And also thanks for the info on HoZer. But I have one or two questions..firstly is the HoZer easy to assemble and portable and secondly, can it be used on any mattress?

6. nickscharko

nickscharko New Member

Yes… HoZer can be assembled and disassembled very quickly and within few minutes just using your hand and does not need any tools. The carry bag which provided with the Hozer can fit into your briefcase. About mattresses, HoZer can easily slide into any mattress. The flexible rods (patented of course) works beautifully, use 2 rods for smaller beds and 3 for more extensive beds and these can be used on either sides, end or near the bed (above your head). And the icing on the cake is that it is very durable and comes with a guarantee for one year following purchase for any product defect ( never needed it though..)

7. wowtgp

wowtgp New Member

Gee thanks, @nickscharko…good review of hozer…just had one doubt though…how do we know the exact amount of hose needed from rod to bed…

8. nickscharko

nickscharko New Member

Well, I use this rule…length of hose from the rod’s tip to the mask should ideally be the length that would be sufficient for you. This varies depending on the number of rods you use. During set-up, what I do is without attaching the mask, I start with the tip of hose and see if it close or even touches the pillow. Then I place the mask on the pillow and connect it to the tube. I go on increasing the amount of hose extending down the tip of the rod and stop when it ceases rising and start creating slack…have always worked for me…hope it does for you also. Rest assured it is a good value for money.

9. lamlam

lamlam New Member

Congrats @3bie on your son’s wedding….

I think you can also check out Cozyhose from pur-sleep…has simple two-reel system which sticks on the wall and allows you to move and turn around during your sleep easily.

10. Lorigh

Lorigh New Member

I have used it, and though I liked the product I think for it is too costly at $20...Any better deals out there?

BTW @3bie congrats on your son’s wedding and good luck with the road trip.

11. 3bie

3bie New Member

Thanks everybody for your wishes and advice…I will surely check out both HoZer® and Cozy Hose…will see which one suits me better…