sleepaider.com is supported by readers. When you buy with our links, we may earn a commission.Learn more

Hastens mattress for sale for a good price

stewart

stewart

Hey folks, how’s it going?

Alright, the main reason I decided to create this specific thread today is that I’m feeling kinda doubtful about this choice I made recently and could use some insight. Also, I’ve mostly made up my mind to sell the bed, but if anyone has any other suggestions I could do with the bed to make it work, that would be a big help. See the problem is that it is a little on the pricier side and unless I get confirmation that I will get a reasonable amount (if not all) back, I don’t think I am ready to give it up. Sigh. Life is a real rollercoaster.

Anyway, let me recite to you the tale of two lovebirds who couldn’t decide on a nest! So a few years back, I invested in the Excelsior (extra firm), and I thought it was a great purchase. I was sleeping well, and waking up super fresh! I don’t know what it is, but I just gel better with firm mattresses. It’s something that most people wonder about me but what can I say, it’s just one of those things. So about one year later, I met the woman of my dreams and decided she was a keeper. I didn’t factor this into the whole mattress scenario, so much to my horror, she found that my mattress was too firm a surface for her. My fiancée is not sleeping well on my mattress, and I’m kind of tired of sleeping at her place all the time. I know that sooner or later I’ll have to decide this. Hopefully, it won’t come down to choosing between her and my mattress (LOL), but I do love my mattress. I’ve never slept better in years, and for some reason, my fiancée just can’t stand it. She wakes up to super bad back aches and sometimes takes her days off whenever she sleeps over. I guess not everyone is cut out for firm mattresses. I did kinda hope that she would eventually just get used to it, but what kind of a fiancée would that make me if I just let her suffer?

Hence, in a bit of a pickle. She doesn’t complain, but I’m sure she’s going through pain, I see it in her eyes (and the way she walks). She’s a complete sweetheart and hasn’t said that the mattress needed to go, but I feel like it’s going to happen soon. Unless of course, we intend on sleeping on separate mattresses all our married life (which I do not intend to)! I know that considering we are going to spend our lives together, I need to put my foot down and make a decision about the mattress. But I’m not going just to give it away; it was hella expensive. Besides, I dived my savings from paying for med school and can’t afford just to give it away. This luxury bed is my most illiquid property, and I am not quite sure as to how I will go about with selling it. Craigslist is a definite no-no, for some reason I’ve always found it shady. Hence, selling such an expensive bed on Craig's just doesn’t seem reasonable. I tried selling it off to my friends and family first honestly. They seemed to lose interest when they saw that I was “selling” it to them, as opposed to simply giving it away like most other friends or family members would do. Sigh.

Help, please?

V

velma

Can’t you just return it to the store? Is it in good condition? I’m sure your warranty will be applicable at this point. All the best

stewart

stewart

Can’t you just return it to the store? Is it in good condition? I’m sure your warranty will be applicable at this point. All the best
Yes, I considered that, but Hastens just gives you store credit for the mattress, to which I don’t particularly feel great about! Honestly, I just want to sell this, and get a good chunk of my money back and just start from there. If anyone could suggest anything about that, that’d be great.

N

nomis

Well, whaddya know! That’s amazing. My wife and I have been looking everywhere for a second hand King size Hasten’s mattress. What a delight. Everything we have seen thus far on the internet was either (still) way too pricey or all torn up (I kid you not). We found a pretty good deal about a month ago on eBay and decided to ship in that bad boy, but when it arrived, we were distressed to see it all torn up. It was horrible. Why exactly would we want a mattress in that condition? Naturally, as one would assume we rejected the shipment, but that still made us anxious for another great deal. It would be great if you could tell me how much you’re expecting on this mattress. We live in Doniphan County, Kansas (if that matters at all) and if you’d like a more private platform to discuss the prices (and hopefully they are negotiable, haha), you can leave a private message.

C

CD Salvo

Good day @stewart

Funny, but I have just recently bought myself the Excelsior from Hastens myself, in the Cal King size. It hasn’t even been two weeks since I made that purchase, but what can I say, I LOVE it. I don’t think I’ll ever be giving up this sucker, even after it dies or whatever. I have plans of shifting it to my guest bedroom. I think my favorite part of the bed is how the whole construction process has a natural spin on it. How there are absolutely no synthetic foams involved, whatsoever. This was especially revealing because honestly I hate the process of off-gassing a mattress, and people tend to ignore the fact that it affects the environment more than us. Pretty sure, you’ve read up about this already, but you know that foams used in mattress typically have bigger effects than you think. The chemicals often build up in your body and have a negative effect on breast milk (this was a rather interesting article I got my hands on, you should consider these negative effects as well, you know, considering you and the future Mrs are planning on having babies). I agree with everyone who says that you should just keep it and have it modified in case further discomfort should be experienced. Let’s face it; it’s not fair for you to give up something that means so much to you right? Why can’t you get one of them split beds or something? Besides, I don’t see what’s not to like in this mattress, in all honesty. Everything about it, from the cool surface of the mattress, the incorporation of the horsehair, further making it breathable and airy. If I were you, I’d still make sure that was the layer my body made contact with (maybe just have the topper for your wife’s side of the bed alone). I’m sorry, I just hate to see you missing out on this! Perhaps you should invest in the twin size and make her use it under her topper. Further smarter to get one that is thicker in dimension, as the topper is not as light as one would imagine, it is known to compress onto the foam. This will make it breathable and cool for sleeping. That said, if she’s not much of a hot sleeper, you can put it on top of the foam as well; it is your call. Don’t get too caught up on the fact that the mattress might seem a little haphazard; not quite the same dimensions, but once the topper is added, I’m sure it won’t look too bad. I just think it’s not time yet to say goodbye to this delight of a mattress, and that it deserves every chance it can get to make it work! (WOW that was corny) but you know what I mean.

S

Sweetteeth

Hi @stewart,

So this is just my opinion, you can tell me to shut up if you feel I’m way out of line but I feel like maybe you are making this a little more dramatic than it needs to be. First off, it’s a bed, get over it. Second of all, it’s a great bed, so I understand your agony. I had to give up the love of my life mattress when my boyfriend moved in because the foam was just not “working for him.” But you’re not in such a position. Your fiancée is lighter and hence needs more of a comfort factor from the mattress, which the firmness is just not permitting. Further, the pushback on her body may be the reason for her to get backaches and such.

But the good news is that there are other alternatives for this. For making a harder surface softer to sleep on – ever heard of a topper? A firm mattress can be considered in a particular analogy as the spinal cord of the mattress, covering the support region. A topper on her side that would be suitable for the mattress could be the answer to her problems. Don’t go about selling your mattress so soon, work around the problem and look for potential solutions for it first. Now there are many kinds of toppers to choose from: whether you want foam, latex, horsehair, memory foam or maybe even Polyfoam; the choice depends on what suits your body the most. Each of them has different properties. For instance, the foams all vary in their amount of sink and rebound; memory foam has an excellent sink (sometimes more than one would hope for, but hey it’s my favorite type of feel) and has almost no rebound. The polyfoam, on the other hand, has a good sink as well as rebound, but since it is super cheap, may not last you as long. Latex has a tiny sink and a significant amount of rebound. This provides them a variety of ILDs to choose from! Then again, horsehair is not the best option for an already firm mattress, because it has like zero sinks or rebound! Perhaps, this would be the option for people who don’t like their super soft mattress, such as foam mattresses, when they’ve softened over the years. DO NOT underestimate the power of a topper. I remember buying this super cheap P/U topper because I couldn’t sleep on my Select Foam mattress without one. It worked fine for the first few weeks, but then I’d just wake up awkwardly in the middle of the night and realize that the foam had given in and I would feel uncomfortable all over again. This just made me more anxious. I hadn’t found another topper that was this smooth (and yet this cheap), so I decided to stock a couple of them in my closet and just replace the old with new ones as and when they gave out. Pretty smart, eh? I gotta say, someone who is not pleased about this might be my boyfriend, whom I have to keep waking up to change the topper (LOL), but he stops complaining when I tell him how I could be spending more on a much more fancy topper. He’s a darling.

Anyway, my point is that I don’t think you should just up and sell your mattress, especially if you’re really into it. Besides, I don’t know about you, but mattress hunting is one nightmare I do NOT want to relive. Just thinking about five years from now when I’ll have to replace my current one is nightmare enough. All I’m saying is, you have the firm base to support you, just add something to make the top comfy for your lady! Just remember to get creative. It is a lot easier to buy a few toppers than a brand new mattress, and need I remind you of the break-in period along with the few weeks of getting used to. Trust me, I’m sure this topper idea will work out fine for you, and if it doesn’t..well, get to that when it happens, yeah? Mattresses are not the hardest thing in the world, with a little bit of creativity, there’s nothing you can’t make comfortable. Also, Hastens is an outstanding company, that makes use of old-fashioned, yet high-quality materials into their mattresses and I’m sure selling it off would be something you’d regret later on

D

Dorothy

Hey all! I just thought this was a somewhat appropriate platform to put up some Hasten Mattress accessories (and an actual mattress LOL) for sale:

· The Excelsior (original Hastens mattress): A king-sized mattress dressed in silver.

· A hastens mattress topper in silver.

· Excelsior bases (2 of them)

· Two sets of Leg posts for the mattress (8 in total, each of them 6 inches in height and all oak based).

So my boyfriend and I found out about the exotic Excelsior by Hastens when we stayed in Austin for a bit and instantly fell in love. It was so luxurious in general, and everyone around us was raving about it and decided, what the hell. We’d slept on one from a friend’s, and enjoyed the feel and everything else about it (sorry, I don’t mattress talk). That led us to purchase one for us back home. We were happy owners of it for a short-lived period of 2 years, after which my husband got posted, so now we have to give it up because apparently, the rooms are not big enough to fit a King size! (Joy). That said, the mattress and topper are in great shape. I normally don’t say this about anything else that I sell online (because they’re not in great shape) but this I can vouch for, and anyone who may be interested, I can send pictures to! Neither of them has any rips or tears anywhere, and the bases and leg posts lack any scratches. We’d been using a silk pad for the mattress ever since we started using it and it was great. Further, to maintain the quality of the mattress, I have walked on it to ensure that the horsehair does not settle. I purchased all of these items for close to $11k, and I would expect at least about $6k (if that does not sound like a fair enough price, it is negotiable). The only issue is that everything else, inclusive of shipping and handling must be taken care of by you. I live in Seattle, and anyone who is interested may email me!

S

strawberry

OMG! What a shame. I would so be interested if the offer still holds @Dorothy. Also must say that I find your asking price super reasonable. Any chance they are still available?

J

Jade Cowan

Hello all, I come bearing (not for free) gifts, nay, offers really, that you cannot resist! So if there is anyone who is interested in buying a Hastens LUXURIA model bed from me that would be great. The offer only stands for the next two months, because within that short time span, I intend on moving to New York. If you are interested, please leave a personal message, and I would get back with the details. So, what exactly am I selling?

· Hastens Luxuria (medium tension) mattress

· BJX Luxury topper

· Split base platform and a headboard (a DAVID headboard, y’all!!!)

It is a divan set that was made in Britain. This mattress comes with a 25 year warranty, which is pretty sweet, and the mattress along with the accessories are all handmade by the finest quality materials and trust me will give you the best sleep of your life (I am living proof of this, all my perkiness results from a good night’s sleep!). Further, I didn’t want to include this in my selling regime, but this mattress was a gift from a very special celebrity, who had it shipped to my LA house without me knowing. I am a pretty well-known PA to many A-listed celebs, and one of my favorite bosses happened to take a short visit with me in Stockholm, where we had visited the Hastens store, and they decided to surprise me on Christmas day! (So thankful for my job). I have been sleeping on it like a baby ever since, but recently had to move, and hence had it shipped to my new address. I swear, I anticipated sleeping on it every night until it arrived, and I saw that the moving company was responsible for losing the bed legs! Further, there are some tiny scratches on the sides, and somehow they perfectly managed to spill some beverage (coffee as it appears) on the headboard of the mattress, but all these imperfections seemed like a small price to pay considering the comfort it extends. To my dismay, it turns out this mattress just won’t fit in my room! I adore this bed, and there is no way I am just going to let it rot outside in the corridor, so I want to be able to give it to someone else who will enjoy it as much as I did (while I could, *SOB*). The warranty still holds for 23 years, and the bed has rarely ever been used, considering how much I tour around with my boss(s) as well as travel. Further, I am the only person who has ever slept on that mattress, and there are no signs of compressions or weird impressions. I think it would be a purchase of desired value. So I’ll just dive right into the original and then ask prices:

The original Hastens Luxuria mattress alone costs up to $13,500+ the headboard was an extra $1.73k, making the total $15,180! I know that is pretty pricey and not many can swing for something that expensive, but hey, hold onto your hats, I’m only asking for $5,250! Is that a great deal or WHAT? Notice that these are all in terms of US dollars and that this is the price of the mattress and its accessories ONLY. If I had to ship it to you, that would cost extra. Of course, it would be a load off my mind if you could come pick it up yourself. That said, the shipping would be required to be initiated from NY (‘cuz that’s where it is now) and can be collected personally as well; the choice is yours. I am happy to help as much as I can. I am ready to take off the shipping charges, however, if you are ready to buy it at the price that I’ve stated! Think about it. Also, the price is negotiable, but please don’t expect me to accept anything below $3k.

Make sure you think nice and good before letting this offer go. Also, please contact me immediately should you find that you are willing to buy it at this price. Further negotiations will only hurt your chances of acquiring this mattress. Further, if you are living overseas, any other details such as tax and duties on the item shall not be taken care of by me; remember that it is being sold from NYC.

B

Bala

Hey guys, if anyone is looking for a BRAND NEW HASTENS (Auroria model), contact me. I am selling mine for a fraction of its cost, only because it’s been used like thrice. All by me, and I am a fairly neat guy who can’t go to bed unless I’m squeaky clean. So I bought this mattress close to a year ago, for my sister’s home in Oklahoma, and she asked me to keep it with me, but she had to up and leave for India!! Bummer for me, but I figured I’d use it for a bit, and have been using it for a week exactly now, and I am just not feeling it be my ideal mattress. Hence I figured I’d sell it. Further, I used a topper each time I slept on it, so you’re good there. Further, I have no pets, kids, do not smoke or drink and it is in BRAND NEW CONDITION. I think that’s the main selling point here, haha. I could send pictures to whoever is interested in buying it. Keep in mind that a brand new Auroria mattress would cost you upwards of $12,000! The 25 years of warranty still holds true, and I am giving it at a discounted price of $8k! Is that insane or WHAT. I think you will find my price to be incredibly competitive and nowhere online will you find this mattress at this cost! Get your chance to get your brand new Hastens mattress at this price, (and it is even negotiable). I will say that this is inclusive of paperwork and also chip in free shipping. It is a king-sized mattress, that has a medium tension, comes with 25 years of warranty and the mattress currently resides in NYC (LOL), Manhattan to be precise. Shipping can be arranged by me (free) if the total cost touches around $8k. Please email me if you are interested

L

lamanlupa

Hey man, you should put it up on eBay, you’ll have higher chances of selling it faster. Also, if it is already on eBay, please put up the link here? That would be helpful, thanks.

L

LeanOn

Hey Y'all, I am thinking of selling a Hastens mattress in its Twin size and can throw in the topper that I bought with it for free. It is still in great condition, but I have like zero experience with selling used beds online. If anyone could guide me through the process, that would be a great help. Further, if anyone is interested, I am willing to give it at a super reasonable rate, so please get back to me.

ellyjude

ellyjude

Wow, this is great. I see a flurry of sale for Hastens mattresses. If only I had around $50,000 I would have bought all the mattresses. Anyway, good luck to all and, please post if you guys succeeded in selling the mattresses.

S

Shaktid

Hey all! I just thought this was a somewhat appropriate platform to put up some Hasten Mattress accessories (and an actual mattress LOL) for sale:

· The Excelsior (original Hastens mattress): A king-sized mattress dressed in silver.

· A hastens mattress topper in silver.

· Excelsior bases (2 of them)

· Two sets of Leg posts for the mattress (8 in total, each of them 6 inches in height and all oak based).

So my boyfriend and I found out about the exotic Excelsior by Hastens when we stayed in Austin for a bit and instantly fell in love. It was so luxurious in general, and everyone around us was raving about it and decided, what the hell. We’d slept on one from a friend’s, and enjoyed the feel and everything else about it (sorry, I don’t mattress talk). That led us to purchase one for us back home. We were happy owners of it for a short-lived period of 2 years, after which my husband got posted, so now we have to give it up because apparently, the rooms are not big enough to fit a King size! (Joy). That said, the mattress and topper are in great shape. I normally don’t say this about anything else that I sell online (because they’re not in great shape) but this I can vouch for, and anyone who may be interested, I can send pictures to! Neither of them has any rips or tears anywhere, and the bases and leg posts lack any scratches. We’d been using a silk pad for the mattress ever since we started using it and it was great. Further, to maintain the quality of the mattress, I have walked on it to ensure that the horsehair does not settle. I purchased all of these items for close to $11k, and I would expect at least about $6k (if that does not sound like a fair enough price, it is negotiable). The only issue is that everything else, inclusive of shipping and handling must be taken care of by you. I live in Seattle, and anyone who is interested may email me!
Are you still selling the mattress and base?