sleepaider.com is supported by readers. When you buy with our links, we may earn a commission.Learn more

Platform Bed Dorel Home Products Full Over Full Bunk Bed Silver

nicolo

nicolo

We shifted to a smaller apartment, and there was not enough room for my teenage kids and us. A bunk bed was the first thing that came to our mind and a search began in earnest for a sturdy bed well within our budget. We zeroed on the Dorel Full over Full bunk beds after a lot of research.

Pleased with what we read, we ordered, and the package was delivered on time. It was packed well with no damages to the sides. It was a project to assemble it and we were pleased with the outcome. Put two queen mattresses over them and it was ready to sleep. We left some room for the bed to settle in and after a month, tightened all the nuts and bolts, making the bunk bed sturdier.

I braced the bed against the wall, which helped with the squeaking and shaking. Mind you, the braces are essential as the bed does rock, and one could get a little sick with constant motion.

Very happy with the beds. Most importantly, my kids have not complained about it.

jamesanderson

jamesanderson

We shifted to a smaller apartment, and there was not enough room for my teenage kids and us. A bunk bed was the first thing that came to our mind and a search began in earnest for a sturdy bed well within our budget. We zeroed on the Dorel Full over Full bunk beds after a lot of research.

Pleased with what we read, we ordered, and the package was delivered on time. It was packed well with no damages to the sides. It was a project to assemble it and we were pleased with the outcome. Put two queen mattresses over them and it was ready to sleep. We left some room for the bed to settle in and after a month, tightened all the nuts and bolts, making the bunk bed sturdier.

I braced the bed against the wall, which helped with the squeaking and shaking. Mind you, the braces are essential as the bed does rock, and one could get a little sick with constant motion.

Very happy with the beds. Most importantly, my kids have not complained about it.
Agree! Purchased this bed 2 years back and have been alternating between top and bottom bunk. I’m 6’1” and 190lbs. My friend and I hauled the box into the room and assembled it in less than two hours.

Braced the bed against the wall and fixed a sturdy shower rod to prevent any squeaking or wobbling. It has been 2 years, and the bed has been serving me well. There are no squeaks, wobbles, problems, or complaints! The no-frills designs make it ideal for small rooms and apartments. I am planning to order one for my sister.

SleepMaster

SleepMaster

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for the review. The product @nicolo is talking about is this one here.

If you are here you may also want to look at some of the popular bunk beds here.

This page will now serve as the dedicated community forum page for DHP Full Over Full Metal Bunk Bed. Here members may post their reviews and experiences about the product, ask questions, discuss concerns! Off topic posts will be deleted.

Note: sleepaider is supported by readers. We may earn commissions when you buy with our links

nicolo

nicolo

What is the gauge of steel used in this bed?
Not that expert, but will say that it is one durable bed. Putting it together was a task in itself. Bloody heavy pieces, must have easily weighed around 120lbs. The weight shows that the bed was of good quality and worth its price. Sorry, I couldn’t be of more help.

N

NAVIN

The bed is easy to assemble, and two sturdy adults can assemble in 2 to 3 hours. That said, fixing the small parts can be a tedious task. The bed is sturdy but wobbles a lot when climbing up to the top bunk. Planning to put wall mounting brackets to take care of the wobbling. I have no clue on how to reduce the squeaking noise.

Jamey

Jamey

What is the warranty? Also, any idea about the underbed clearance?

nicolo

nicolo

What is the warranty? Also, any idea about the underbed clearance?
The product comes with a 1 year warranty. The underbed clearance is around 10 inches. Can store small items, not big ones.

Corin1982

Corin1982

This bed squeaks and wobbles. My 8 YO has been using this for three months, and she has been complaining of noise while sleeping. I tried adding extra washers but it was of no use. I solved the wobbling part by bracing the bed towards the wall. Planning and thinking of some way to solve the squeaks.