cpap seal gel liner suggestions

Discussion in 'Sleep Apnea & CPAP Users Forum' started by Cora, May 11, 2018.

1. Cora

Cora New Member

Hello friends.

I came across the advt. for CPAP gel liner by CPAP Seal on Amazon. Has anybody tried and is it worth the money.

2. extraterrestrial

extraterrestrial New Member

Hi @Cora

I have bought the CPAP Seal Gel Liner for my FFM. At nearly $180 I feel it is a bit too much, though they provide a set of 4 liners. The only thing I noticed is it is too sticky and very quickly attracts dust, and I have to wash it daily with soap and warm water which is a big task for me. Apart from that, I felt it is a good deal, and you can go for it if daily washing is not an issue for you.

3. Jace

Jace New Member

The gel liner would take some time getting used to. I initially had a problem in trying to get a proper fit, but after several trials, I found the best way to make it work and the mask is working fine for me. The stickiness would stand out initially, but for me, it has stopped the leaks and helped in reducing my CO2 to 2.1 from 7 which is a big thing. BTW…I have a hybrid gel liner.

4. Anebarone

Anebarone New Member

The product is suitable for around 2 to 3 months after which we have to get a new liner. The dust particles can be removed by washing and after drying out the stickiness on the liner comes back. My only problem is that Version 6 offered by CPAP seal does not work with Quattro FX and for a single liner, I cannot change my mask. But, I have friends who have vouched for the product.

5. desiree

desiree New Member

I think you can go ahead and try other options. The reason being gel seal performed well for one month after which the liner went out of shape. Daily cleaning and body’s natural oils fighting hard against it has rendered it useless after one month. The best option I think would be having an excellent fitting mask having a flexible seal.

6. Aniyah

Aniyah New Member

One month…wow..you must be cleaning it very very thoroughly. Though the company says it lasts for around 3-4 months, proper cleaning and handling have made my liner last for more than 4 months after which it goes out of shape, and I have to buy a new one.

7. mumbo-jumbo

mumbo-jumbo New Member

I would request you not to go for this product. The liner goes out of shape fairly quickly and getting it to fit appropriately into the mask is a huge task. The company says you can trim it to fit it, but once the liner is cut, these guys would not take the product back, so a total waste of money. I think you can either go for Pad A Cheek or Boomerang Gel pads.

8. Cora

Cora New Member

Thanks for the feedback. BTW how is Boomerang different from CPAP Seal Gel Liner?

9. rosetelor87

rosetelor87 New Member

Well for one, these are nose pads and avoid irritation and rash on the nose bridge while CPAP Seal offers different types such as FFM, hybrid and nasal gel liners, etc.

Secondly, I felt these work great and cleaning them is easy. Mine lasted for nearly 5 months (I followed instructions to the T) and once the stickiness went off, just got another one. However, I have friends who have voiced displeasure about the adhesion wearing off quickly.

10. slamsPado

slamsPado New Member

I have a ResMed F20 mask. Initially, I had irritation and redness over the bridge of my nose. Boomerang pad works well for me. What I do is, I simply put the pad on the mask and not on my face. Though it is not the proper way, it still works for me. I would advise on cleaning and store it in between the sheets that have been provided with it, would stay longer that way.

11. PruppyCuffert

PruppyCuffert New Member

Well, Boomerang is a sheer waste of money. At $7 a piece, I think it is costly.

12. Nuvirile

Nuvirile New Member

hmmmm....:(..$7 is too much...

13. stephan59

stephan59 New Member

Well, I would say each person has different facial features and skin texture and all liners last for few months after which it goes out of shape. I would suggest you compare the price and features and see which one works out for you and then make an informed decision. I have both CPAP Seal gel liner and Boomerang, and I use it alternatively. Not saying it would work for you, but it has worked for me.
    Hope you find the most appropriate gel liner for your mask.