sleepaider.com is supported by readers. When you buy with our links, we may earn a commission.Learn more

Mattress Continental Sleep Twin Bed - Orthopedic Mattress

iann93

iann93

Julia, my wife, had lumbar surgery, and the plush top that was in our bedroom had to go. There was not much left in the bank after the surgery, so we embarked on an exhaustive search for a cheap, yet firm good quality mattress and finally zeroed on an orthopedic mattress offered by Continental Sleep. We checked with her surgeon who approved it.

Qualitatively, the twin bed mattress is excellent. It’s firm, sturdy, and offers proper support to the spinal curvature. The mattress is solid yet light enough to be hauled over stairs by one person. Very happy with this purchase.

SleepMaster

SleepMaster

Administrator
Staff member
Qualitatively, the twin bed mattress is excellent. It’s firm, sturdy, and offers proper support to the spinal curvature. The mattress is solid yet light enough to be hauled over stairs by one person. Very happy with this purchase.
Thank you for the review. The product @iann93 is talking about is this one here.

If you are here you may also want to look at some of the most popular mattresses under $300 on amazon.

This page will now serve as the dedicated community forum page for Continental Sleep Elegant Mattress. Here members may post their reviews and experiences about the product, ask questions, discuss concerns! Off topic posts will be deleted.

Note: sleepaider is supported by readers. We may earn commissions when you buy with our links

A

AnGrY mOtIoN

This is a good mattress but pissed off with the company because this isn’t flippable like the company says. But that is only a minor issue. Overall, the bed is good, well excellent, if I may add. The edges have good support, and you do not sink in when you sit. Also, there is proper support for the back and neck, and I have started waking up refreshed and, most importantly without any pain.

V

vishnu

Is this mattress firm enough. I have back issues and cannot sleep on plush tops. I know this is an orthopedic mattress, but have burnt my fingers once, so do not want to take a risk.

iann93

iann93

Is this mattress firm enough. I have back issues and cannot sleep on plush tops. I know this is an orthopedic mattress, but have burnt my fingers once, so do not want to take a risk.
Hi there,

Relax. This is a firm mattress. My wife has undergone a lumbar surgery, and her surgeon also approved this mattress. So you can go ahead and get one. We have one and are pleased as punch with this mattress.

O

Okieedokieee

This bed from Continental Sleep serves as my day bed. I relax on this mattress. Very firm, but soft enough to give proper support. I was hesitant at first because of the price, but the company exceeded my expectations when it came to quality.

The mattress also serves as a playground for my 6 YO. It’s high yet not high enough, perfect height for my son. He enjoys it; I enjoy it…well, everyone in the family enjoys it.

#Staff edit: user mentioned product attached with relevant link. Purchases might earn us commissions.

AVIGAIL60

AVIGAIL60

This mattress is firm, too firm if you ask me. Generally, springs in mattresses like this tend to develop some flex after a few months of use, but not this mattress. The springs are rigid. Sleeping on this mattress felt like sleeping on a floor with a plush carpet, maybe a notch higher. Screw this - Amazonbasics has a mattress that is half the price at double the comfort :D

#Staff edit: user mentioned product attached with relevant link. Purchases might earn us commissions.

R

reza67

Does this contain box springs? Is it a set of two or a single mattress?

AVIGAIL60

AVIGAIL60

Does this contain box springs? Is it a set of two or a single mattress?
It is a set of two mattresses. It doesn’t contain box springs, only mattresses and the worst one at that.