sleepaider.com is supported by readers. When you buy with our links, we may earn a commission.Learn more

Mattresses Toppers Best Mattress Topper for college dorm room - ultimate gel flex memory foam with cooling technology

S

sapphira13

Forgot to leave a review, I purchased the Ultimate gel flex memory foam topper. I just got out of college and was planning to take some time off to recharge my batteries, and sleeping was a part of it. Thanks to this beautiful topper, the sleep part is taken good care of.

One has to leave the topper in the open for a few days to get rid of the funky smell and help it unfold completely.

It was a good decision to purchase this topper. Pleased!!!

A

arely30

It was a good decision to purchase this topper. Pleased!!!
We bought this mattress topper for our daughter. We were somewhat surprised by the package size and felt that there was some mistake when it arrived. I mean, how a topper can come in such a small box. But it was the topper :p It unfolded nicely, and after staying in the open air for a few hours, the smell was gone. I spread a sheet over, and my daughter slept peacefully. She is happy, and so are we.

#Staff edit: user mentioned product attached with relevant link. Purchases might earn us commissions.

haakon66

haakon66

Yes. Good one. This topper was a perfect fit for my dorm bed. My parents sent it to my place. I opened the package immediately to let the topper breathe and expand. I made the bed three hours later and fell asleep on it while trying to check out the support. This was four months back.

Since then, this topper has served me well. Would recommend this mattress topper to anyone, especially for college going teens, because I know how bad the dorm beds are.

frustrated monk

frustrated monk

Unfortunately, this topper is big for my son’s bed. Can we cut it to fit the mattress?

haakon66

haakon66

Unfortunately, this topper is big for my son’s bed. Can we cut it to fit the mattress?
Since its memory foam, I believe one could cut it. Never done it, so no idea if it unravels. Sorry, I could not be of more help.

KatherinePage

KatherinePage

Meh...

The price was okay. The support was decent. The delivery was on time. The only issue is that even after five days of letting it breathe, the topper stinks. Have no clue on how to address the problem. I will wait for one more day, and if there is no letup in the smell, I will return it.

I am fearful of inhaling that smell the whole night.

S

sapphira13

Wondering if the topper is flame resistant?
In general, a majority of memory foam mattresses and toppers are flame-resistant. But specifically for this mattress topper, there is nothing mentioned that tells us anything about its flame-resistant properties.

18manning

The topper is okay. But I felt it was way too thin for my comfort. There was also a weird smell that lasted for a good two weeks. One might get a good sleep on it, but I was not too satisfied with the thickness. I will keep it in the spare room. Personally I honestly feel the Dreamfoam gel swirl topper offers more, it has more padding and without the smell.

#Staff edit: user mentioned product attached with relevant link. Purchases might earn us commissions.

kolston

kolston

For the price it’s offered, I believe the topper is a steal!!! It provides decent support, and I have been getting some peaceful sleep after a long time.

SleepMaster

SleepMaster

Administrator
Staff member
Don't forget to have a quick peek at the best selling mattress toppers before the decision ;)

Note: sleepaider is supported by readers. We may earn commissions when you buy with our links

K

kringsomjones

Can I use this as a mattress and not just as a topper?
Well, you could do so. But it might leave you with backaches after some days. If you are hesitant to spend money on a good mattress, then get some cheap bed that is firm and then lay this topper on it. I did it and have been getting a good sleep over the past few months. Try it out; it should work. Good luck!!!!