sleepaider.com is supported by readers. When you buy with our links, we may earn a commission.Learn more

Pillows Best Buckwheat Hull Pillows

Neela73

Neela73

Guys, I am am looking to purchase some great buckwheat pillows. Any recommendations? Looking for the best!
Nice forum :)

A

Analicia

For me, the best buckwheat pillow is the small pillow offered by Sachi Organics. A wonderful pillow. Highly impressed! Sachi took great care of the presentation. It did feel a little small, but then it works great for the purpose that I intended to use it for – a neck pillow. Since the pillow comes with a zipper, I can make necessary adjustments to the hulls to my liking. A washable cover is a bonus. I love the pillow and recommend them to all.

#Staff edit: user mentioned product attached with relevant link. Purchases might earn us commissions.

Leo Cooper

Leo Cooper

Are buckwheat pillows noisy? I am a side sleeper. Can I use it?

J

jake_lewis

Are buckwheat pillows noisy? I am a side sleeper. Can I use it?
These pillows do make some noise, but it is not bothersome and won’t wake you up. I am also a side sleeper, and all I do is adjust the filling so that there is a hollow for my face and ear. I will recommend buckwheats :)

J

jake_lewis

Pillows and I do not go well together. The pillows that I have used over the years were either too thin or too thick. My search for an ideal pillow ended with ComfySleep’s buckwheat hull pillows. I was intrigued by them and wanted to try one out.

I ordered a 15” x 23” pillow. This pillow is tailored to your needs. It does not give in like other pillows, and one can adjust hulls whichever way you want. Adjust it and you have a new one. It has worked wonders for me, and the neck cramps that I regularly had has gone — pleased that I got buckwheat pillow. I will update once I touch the three-month mark.

#Staff edit: user mentioned product attached with relevant link. Purchases might earn us commissions.

A

Adele

Pillows and I do not go well together. The pillows that I have used over the years were either too thin or too thick. My search for an ideal pillow ended with ComfySleep’s buckwheat hull pillows. I was intrigued by them and wanted to try one out.

I ordered a 15” x 23” pillow. This pillow is tailored to your needs. It does not give in like other pillows, and one can adjust hulls whichever way you want. Adjust it and you have a new one. It has worked wonders for me, and the neck cramps that I regularly had has gone — pleased that I got buckwheat pillow. I will update once I touch the three-month mark.
I did not like Comfy’s buckwheat hull pillow that much. The material looks just about okay. The cover had dirt on it, probably a used pillow. Don’t they check these things before shipping? Also, the hulls were not of good quality. The less said about the cooling properties, the better.

Moreover, this is a heavy pillow, and one cannot lug it around in the middle of the night…hate it…hate it…hate it.

mariajose

mariajose

I ordered a small pillow from Sachi. The quality was excellent and keeps up the name. It is beautiful and does its job well. The only downside is that I felt the pillow was too small. Sachi was stingy with the filling. The pillow is so small that we are having trouble finding a proper pillowcase for it. A mixed bag, if you ask me.

K

karlie

I am on the lookout for a small pillow for travel and recliners. Can I use Sachi’s pillow? What is the thickness?

A

Analicia

I am on the lookout for a small pillow for travel and recliners. Can I use Sachi’s pillow? What is the thickness?
Yes, you can use this pillow on recliners and for travel. The pillow is only 3 inches thick, which makes it an ideal pillow for recliners.

everettgeorge1993

everettgeorge1993

Here's my take. ComfySleep buckwheats are superb in some aspects, but not all. For starters, the pillow is very hard, which again is both good and bad. Good because the pillow will hold the shape and won’t flatten over time. It works great for my neck and backaches.

If you feel there is a spot bothering you, all you need to do is adjust the pillow, and you are good to go. But then it does break your sleep. Also, it is heavy.

I like the fact that it comes with a zippered cover, which enables adjusting the filling to our liking. My only complaint…they it does not have a uniform size compared to regular pillowcases.

TEGAN26

TEGAN26

The best pillow so far. I have used a few buckwheat pillows till now, and the small pillow from Sachi was the best one, hands down. Very comfortable. Perfect for back sleepers like me. Firm as it needs to be. It cradles my neck and provides relief to the sore neck muscles. Since it is small, I take it for my camping trips and other travels. Very happy with the purchase and hope this is for keeps for many years to come.

H

honey buttercup

I sleep on my stomach, and Comfy’s pillow was like a gift from hell. My sister asked me to remove some filling and see if it was comfortable. Followed her words and there was a complete change. From being the most hated pillow, this has now become the most loved pillow. Thanks to the manufacturer for including the zipper. If you do not feel happy, zip it open and either add hulls or remove it. I am pleased as a punch.

S

simmmons

Three questions.
  • Does ComfySleep pillow have any certifications?
  • Has any pesticides and insecticides been used while the plant was being raised?
  • Will the buckwheat breakdown and turn into fine dust?

J

jake_lewis

Three questions.
  • Does ComfySleep pillow have any certifications?
  • Has any pesticides and insecticides been used while the plant was being raised?
  • Will the buckwheat breakdown and turn into fine dust?
Hey there,

I use a ComfySleep pillow and have combed through the entire pillow, and there is no sign or tag which says it has got any green certifications. Surprising. Regarding your other two questions, even I had the same and contacted ComfySleep’s owner. She was a nice lady, and this was her answer:

“Buckwheat is grown in the western US. These grow very quickly, so they do not need the use of any insecticides or pesticides. Secondly, some buckwheat will breakdown over a period, but it can be removed, and new fillings can be added. The casing in our pillows is tight woven cotton twills. This helps in retaining the broken hulls.”

I was satisfied with the answers and very pleased with the product. I hope you will also be.

1987Ayoub

Will the hulls in Sachi’s pillow hold? I plan to have a small buckwheat pillow and do not want to spend my time on adjusting the hulls.

TEGAN26

TEGAN26

Will the hulls in Sachi’s pillow hold? I plan to have a small buckwheat pillow and do not want to spend my time on adjusting the hulls.
The hulls will hold. Just get it to the shape you want, and it will hold. Since it is a very compact casing, I do not think it will shift around very easily. Has not done for me. If you feel the compactness is not enough, fold it and use it. I, sometimes, use it like that for my knees. I hope it helps.

W

Weslee

Sachi Organics, you could have done better.

I had a small buckwheat hull pillow, which I used to carry everywhere. A few months back, it tore, and I lost it. I was not sure about the brand and thought what difference will it make. All buckwheat hulls pillows are the same. Wrong.

Long story short, I ordered a small pillow from Sachi, hoping it will help me fill the void of my original pillow. Was I wrong? This pillow is nowhere my original pillow.

First, the pillow offered by Sachi felt underfilled. Secondly, it made a lot of noise, so much that I needed to use earplugs while sleeping. Also, the buckwheat was smelly, and it prickled me even with the casing. This was not the case with my original pillow. Promptly discarded the pillow. Back to square one.

SleepMaster

SleepMaster

Administrator
Staff member
Guys, If you are here you may also want to look at the best selling bed pillows, that should address this search.

Note: sleepaider is supported by readers. We may earn commissions when you buy with our links