Saatva Mattress Thickness

M

melody

I believe Saatva mattress offers 11.5 as well as 14.5 inch thicknesses.

However, it seems the two almost give the same experience and feel. So what really is the difference? Will the extra thickness add to softness and comfort?

Any one who knows how to decide the right thickness may please let me know.

O

Oakster

Saatva is supposed to be known for its good concierge style customer support. I think they also deliver in Canada, even have a manufacturing unit in Canada.

Cristina

Cristina

Last year, I purchased a Saatva mattress spending a couple grand and no less.

It was all fine for some four five months. We then noticed that the mattress has sunk where each us usually slept. We are of medium build, both of us. It's already so bad, we can't sleep on it any more and have to buy a new mattress now.

rubyclifton

rubyclifton

Remember that in Queen size for example, a Saatva 11.5" mattress weights 110-115 pound while the 14.5" one weights 120 and comes with handles. Neither is easy to move around for one person.

HTH.

stiflex

stiflex

Saatva claims that their 11.5" and 14.5" mattresses are designed to feel quite the same in all respects. So is the case with their foundations that come in 8.75" and 4.75" thickness.

I think the material has been so selected that they are purposely made to feel the same though the thicknesses are different. The idea is that the thicknesses are provided more for aesthetic reasons than feel.

When deciding on the thickness, think of it as the height of the mattress. That is what is going to be the overall height of your bed with the frame, base and mattress put together. For example, Saatva metal frames come with a height of 7.5".

Saatva-mattress--350x440.jpg

Depending on your own height and see what height of bed would be convenient for your to get into or to sit on. Try different heights for ease and safety.

Using Saatva's bed frame with a foundation and mattress in various combinations, you will get four possible overall bed heights: 23.75", 26.75", 27.75" and 30.75" from the floor.

You need to take into account if you are using some sort of step stool or something, especially for the kids bedroom.

Adelynn

Adelynn

I know that the Saatva innerspring mattress has one of the best spring based comfort layers at its price.

OTOH, I am not sure about its motion transfer, or whatever it's called. I hear that it may not be as good as in a pocketed coil type.

Amazon.com Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate this website earns from qualifying purchases.