Ponaris nasal emollient oil drops

palomino

palomino

Been suffering from a problem of post nasal drip. I have been doing daily sinus rinse. Although it cleared out the nasal passages, it's not much help to stop the post nasal drip.

Has anyone heard of "Ponaris?", it's been suggested...

Menace

Menace

I was told by my doctor about Ponaris. So I now need to add Ponaris and Ayr gel to the meds I already use in the fight against my problems of dry nose, congestion and post nasal drip. I wanted to buy a bottle of Ponaris and tried at several local drug stores. Seems they don't stock any. I could order it with one of the online pharmacies, though.

I am using Ayr gel in the mornings and evenings and Ponaris at bedtime. I found both of them to be of great help. Ponaris has really helped me a lot with my problem of post nasal drip.

A

adrianna77

I have been through the same. I’m highly allergic and postnasal drip has always been a constant companion. I have tried saline nasal rinses and what not, but to no avail. Finally, I was given a scrip for Ponaris® by my ENT. Initially, I had trouble in locating pharmacies that actually sold it, since it was not so popular. Luckily, Rite Aid had it. Got it and used it, and must tell you… it really works!

Since I was very curious about Ponaris®, did some background check and found it helps not only fighting postnasal drip, but also congestions caused by cold (sinusitis), atrophic rhinitis (all three types, acute, allergic and chronic) allergies caused by hay fever and rose and mucosal encrustations.

Looked up for ingredient details and found this: Ponaris is iodized blend of oils of peppermint, eucalyptus, pine and Cajeput in cottonseed oil base. The total iodine content varies from 0.4-0.6% by weight.

I also added Ayr-gel with Ponaris® since they complement really well. This can be applied with a Q-tip inside nostrils, won’t go down the throat or leave a bitter taste. Ponaris® before going to bed and Ayr-gel in the mornings and evenings. It has worked out very well for me, hope it does the same for you. Happy sleeping.

sleepmaniac

sleepmaniac

@adrianna77
Ponaris is a blend of iodized oils extracted from select plants like tea tree, peppermint, eucalyptus and pine. These oils moisturize and lubricate the nose. It helps with treating colds, post nasal drip and other problems. Just tilt your head back and instill a drop or two in each nostril. It contains iodine. Don't try it if you have any known problems with using iodine.

F

fiasco

I bought a bottle of Ponaris and tried it last night. It didn't seem to be of any help and it didn't clear my nose even. It did make my nose feel cool and moist but that's just about it. OTOH, when I took it in the nose, it dripped down the back inside my throat and made me feel very sick in the stomach. I was very uncomfortable through the night. That awful taste of oil would just not go away.

Roger-That

Roger-That

@fiasco Too bad you could not benefit from it and suffered instead. Are you allergic to essential oils like menthol or eucalyptus? Maybe rare but some people do have such an allergy I am told.

Menace

Menace

I used to wake up with my nose all stuffed up because of too much moisture. I would have lots of trouble with sneezing and coughing because there was too much moisture in my lungs. Ponaris did work for me. I can now put my heated humidifier on bypass and not have my nose dried out. You feel really good when you wake up with a clear nose and clear lungs.

M

milquetoast

Well, I got one from Walgreen, must tell you never had anything so horrible in my life. Just made my nasal passages cooler, but was tossing and turning and getting up to spit out the phlegm. My nasal congestion got worse.

W

windbag

I suffered a lot from severe sinus infections, wracking cough and sneezing, post nasal drip, and stuff, for 15 years. I tried everything from claritin, allergra to nasonex and what not. Nothing worked for me. My doctor told me my nasal turbinates were dry all the way down.

Ponaris was one of the suggested remedies. I tried it recently. It sure did have a horrible taste when I could feel it move down my throat. But then, my cough and sneezing were mostly gone, and I no longer had an itchy nose that would drive me crazy. Ponaris made a huge difference to my post nasal drip. Sure it tastes horrible, but so what, it did make life better.

palomino

palomino

Thanks everyone for the opinions... At least one thing I now know for sure, what works well for someone needn’t work for everybody and if not this, then maybe something else would work.

hAya

hAya

I’m happy for those people for whom Ponaris worked. I have used it as well and this thing does the job. Now there's no nasal congestion or any other issues...

A major share of the success lies with my ENT. He prescribed me the correct way to use Ponaris. He told me to tilt the head back, put 2 to 3 drops into each nostril, wait for few seconds (ideally 15-20seconds), bring head back to normal position and blow the nose very gently. I followed the directions to the “T” and it has worked well for me.

Hope following these instructions would help those who are having problems with bitter taste lingering in the mouth.

Menace

Menace

Well, I got one from Walgreen, must tell you never had anything so horrible in my life. Just made my nasal passages cooler, but was tossing and turning and getting up to spit out the phlegm. My nasal congestion got worse.
Gosh, so sorry to hear that. Are you allergic to cough suppressants such as menthol oil/ eucalyptus or cottonseed oil? If yes, then such reactions are a possibility, (was just informed by my ENT, thankfully I’m not allergic to these). The oil soothes the sinuses and throat, however if you are allergic, better avoid it.

A

alaina

Was wondering if I could use it throughout the year, since I have nosebleed in the winters as well as summers?

SleepMaster

SleepMaster

Administrator
Staff member
Was wondering if I could use it throughout the year, since I have nosebleed in both winter as well as summer?
Yes you can. I have a friend who suffers from nosebleeds and have been prescribed Ponaris. He uses it two drops in the morning and evening and has been nosebleed-free for several months now. He also uses Q-tip to apply it. However, I would recommend checking with your ENT first.

C

calista

It all sounds good. Can it be used by children and does it come as a spray…have had difficult time using droppers in other solutions...

SleepMaster

SleepMaster

Administrator
Staff member
It all sounds good. Can it be used on children and does it come as a spray…have had difficult time using droppers in other solutions...
Yes it can be used on children, but would advise you to check with pediatrician before…always better to be safe. Using dropper is pretty easy… just fill the liquid till the line or as directed by your ENT. However, ensure the bottle is in upright position and the dropper is cleaned of all the liquid.

Amazon.com Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate this website earns from qualifying purchases.