Flonase vs Nasonex difference & which is better

B

basketmen

Recently I have started using the CPAP machine. I am allergic to a lot of things and very sensitive at it. Daytime I easily breathe normally through the nose but once I lie down at night, my nose tends to block. I have tried the nose pillow and found it quite helpful.

Over the past few weeks, I have been using Flonase to make the CPAP use a bit easier. Though I also have some Nasonex, I have not tried it. Has anyone tried both Flonase and Nasonex and if so what difference did you notice and which did you find better or more effective?

A

abbey

Nasonex may cause viral infections in about ten per cent users, Flonase may not. Nosebleeds are possible and common with either. Nasonex's water-based formula could cause fewer or no nose bleeds in some users.

Other than that the question of whether you use Flonase or Nasonex is matter of personal preference, availability (Flonase is OTC) and price.

C

Cloud-Yo

I have been told meds for allergy could be pretty individual. Try one first giving it the two week trial period and if it does not work then try the other.

Good Luck.

C

cam

I use Flonase. If Nazonex is OTC and Flonase needs a script, it better still be a prescription drug because here in Canada I'd have to pay for it if it was OTC. Of course, I don't want to.

Ruby

Ruby

If your nose blocks up when you lie down at night, the problem could be something quite different: humidity!

Try using the humidifier at a lower setting, because it has been noticed that too high a setting on the humidifier (too much humidity) can cause a stuffy nose.

Good Luck.

Dragonlord

Dragonlord

Both Nasonex and Flonase are used for problems like sneezing and a stuffy, runny, or itchy nose caused by allergic reaction. If your symptoms are not because of allergy, you can still benefit from Flonase, not Nasonex. Flonase relieves itchy or watery eyes too, whether due to allergy or not. Nasonex helps if you suffer from nasal polyps.

Hope that helps.

Amazon.com Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate this website earns from qualifying purchases.