Mattress Best Mattress For 400 pound Persons

M

maanya70

My husband and I are in the gorgeous but obese category :p. We need a mattress that offers good comfort and also bear 400(500?) pounds plus! Looking for best options. Any suggesttions?

A

AnYlAh74

My husband and I are in the gorgeous but obese category :p. We need a mattress that offers good comfort and also bear 400(500?) pounds plus! Looking for best options. Any suggesttions?
My husband is about 300 pounds and me little over 100. We tried many but were not satisfied. Finally, our search zeroed in on Ultimate Sleep’s Comfort Max bariatric mattress that has been designed, keeping in mind the "generously overweight" people. We ordered a 60 x 80 queen, and we received it on time.

This is a firm mattress made from Talalay Latex, 5” of 36 ILD at that. It supported our bodies well. The mattress molds to our body structure, but it comes up when we get up. The premium micro-lux cotton blended fabric cover was a nice touch.

It has been a year now since using this mattress, and it has served us well till now, hoping it will stay the same for years to come.

#Staff edit: user mentioned product attached with relevant link. Purchases might earn us commissions.

K

Kitty Wright

Umm... Comfort Max by Ultimate Sleep is a good mattress, but can be better, although somewhat better than many other mattresses that masquerade around as mattresses for obese. It is firm, which many might not like, but it works sweet for a 300 pounder like me. I can easily roll over and get up, unlike my previous beds, where I had to struggle to get up.

The only flaw is that the mattress is soft in the middle where my butts touch the bed, but firm where I rest the legs. Caused a little pain, but with the help of a few ingenious hacks, I was able to solve this.

I love this mattress. I will update once I complete the six-month mark.

hazen

hazen

By far, one of the best mattresses owned. This bariatric mattress is firm and does an excellent job of giving proper support to my body, especially my back and hips. I do not get that “sinking” feeling when I lie on it, which I used to get in my custom-made mattress. Not only while sleeping, but it also offers good support while sitting, reading, watching TV, etc.

nivea

nivea

This is way tooo firm. The mattress is good, and there has been no indentation even after a year, but it is too firm for my liking. I tried to cushion it with some extra layers of memory foam and latex, but it was always a stop-gap measure. Besides being firm, it was also putting additional pressure on the motors of my adjustable bed.

A good mattress, which unfortunately didn’t work for me.

Lillyann

Lillyann

Will it be suitable for people above 400 pounds? Why no edge support?

hazen

hazen

Will it be suitable for people above 400 pounds? Why no edge support?
Yes, it is suitable for people above 400 pounds. Regarding edge support, this is what the company had to say:

“Research has shown that the performance of independent edge support is not adequate on superior quality high-resiliency foam used to prepare mattresses based on sleeper’s weight. But, our mattresses are built to last, even the edges.”

They do offer customization; I used it.

M

marcus johnston

A mixed bag. I liked the quality of the mattress but not happy with the firmness. I added a 2” memory foam layer to offer some extra cushioning. Not happy with spending extra.

M

manya12

Hi, I am from Australia. I recently purchased a king sized mattress but could not found any suitable bed sheets. I have seen a bed sheet online but that was really costly.

Amazon.com Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate this website earns from qualifying purchases.