Sleep Adding Vicks Vapo Steam Liquid in CPAP humidifier for congestion

hAya

hAya

I need help … I am down with a severe cold, and have trouble using my CPAP machine. I tried using vaporizer on the nightstand for the cold, hoping my congestion in sinuses and chest would be out. A friend told me about adding Vicks Vapo Steam liquid medication to the vaporizer. Wonder if I can add the Vapo Steam into the humidifier. I even thought of adding it to my CPAP machine, but felt it was not a good idea…..I am getting sick of this congestion.

beanpole

beanpole

You can use vapor solution in the room but would advise not using it in the humidifier…..even with room air, you might have to change the filters regularly due to oil and grease getting sucked into the machine.

hAya

hAya

I was thinking along the same lines. By any chance could my CPAP pushing my infection deep…?

Pluslykell

Pluslykell

I was thinking aloing the same lines. By any chance is my CPAP playing a role in pushing my infection deep…?
Dont think so… Cold would run its course. Take lot of fluids, have good rest and take vitamin C and D as well as zinc (2000 units of C and 5000 IU of D)…works well for me.

outfox

outfox

The heated humidifier works differently from vaporizer so no point of adding Vapo Steam into the humidifier

sutton1976

sutton1976

I agree with @Pluslykell that cold would run its course. And instead of Vapo Steam, I use CPAP Vapor-Clear™ offered by Pur-Sleep™. It has been useful for me, and the pure essential oils in the Vapor-Clear™ helps clear up nasal congestion and the cold symptoms. The diffuser offered by Pur-Sleep mildly scents up the air which is drawn into the CPAP.

I

iven

I have used Calm™. It is very soothing and has a blend of pure rosemary, Australian eucalyptus, as well as lavender. It provided excellent relief from nasal congestion. If you are not keen on using Clear or Clam, you can add a drop of Vapo Steam on some absorbent material and keep it near the filter…it works fine that way too…I have had bad allergies and congestions myself, and I know it can be frustrating.

A

Aiyana

I have used Vapo liquid on a cotton ball and kept the same in a small dish on nightstand..however, I knocked it down when I turned around and clearing the mess relieved me of my congestion… :p;).

I'd suggest using the humidifier, works well.

T

tommy

I was thinking along the same lines. By any chance is my CPAP playing a role in pushing my infection deep…?
No, CPAP does not increase the infections. If you have been suffering from congestion, I’d suggest you check with your MD since you might have contracted some disease like pneumonia or bronchitis or even sinus infection. I once had the same issue, and I kept on delaying my visit and I ended up with a severe bout of pneumonia.

huzzah

huzzah

Like @sutton1976, I also use Clear™ from Pur-Sleep™. I also add few drops of eucalyptus essential oil near the air intake when I have a cold (trick suggested by my MD). Though oil evaporates fast, it helps clear sinuses…

S

swizzlestick

So would it be okay to put a glob of vicks in the water chamber of my Airsense 10?

Amazon.com Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate this website earns from qualifying purchases.